Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region

Featured Replies

After seeing the State Tournament, Clark County was the most physically talented, deepest, and tallest team in the state. 20 points better than Mason on paper but that's why they play the game and what coaching ability or lack thereof means at this level.

 

I do not think Clark was the most talented team(Scott Co.) but to say they were the deepest is absolutely laughable. Mason Co. had way more depth than Clark.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mason County will be prepared again this year. Will be anxious to see how they fair in the tourneys ahead.

Mason County will be prepared again this year. Will be anxious to see how they fair in the tourneys ahead.

 

Mason is always well prepared and well coached.What tourneys do they have scheduled this year? What does their schedule look like?

You also have to keep in mind that the tournament will be held at Mason Co again this year. I always considered that to be a 10 point advantage.

Mason is always well prepared and well coached.What tourneys do they have scheduled this year? What does their schedule look like?

 

This is from the KHSAA website, the two games not shown are February 15th at home against Brossart and February 18th at Bryan Station. Anyone ready to get in line for that February 4th game? Should be quite the environment.

untitled9.jpg

This is from the KHSAA website, the two games not shown are February 15th at home against Brossart and February 18th at Bryan Station. Anyone ready to get in line for that February 4th game? Should be quite the environment.

 

I am sure this will be the biggest crowd that Mason Co has all year.

Mason Co doesn't have the regular season crowd support they once had. Don't know why?

Mason Co doesn't have the regular season crowd support they once had. Don't know why?

 

They will for this game, Waldo.

Mason Co doesn't have the regular season crowd support they once had. Don't know why?

 

This is what I have been told too.

 

They will for this game, Waldo.

 

Heard for the regional tourney game last year, that it was put on facebook wanting fans to come to the game?

Here we go. Imagine that! Another GRC/Mason standoff in the basketball forum. Never ends. So I'll go ahead and say it, if Mason beats GRC again in the region, it may go down as one of the Commonwealth's biggest flops in history. With that team, with 3 years of hype, and another trip to Rupp as a spectator and they will have Humphrey drawn and quartered.

Here we go. Imagine that! Another GRC/Mason standoff in the basketball forum. Never ends. So I'll go ahead and say it, if Mason beats GRC again in the region, it may go down as one of the Commonwealth's biggest flops in history. With that team, with 3 years of hype, and another trip to Rupp as a spectator and they will have Humphrey drawn and quartered.

 

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with you on that one.

IMO they (GRC) were the best team in the entire state in 09'-10' season but didn't perform to their potential. I also believe, based purely on my observations, that unless something has changed they'll have the same problems this season that had last. It's either poor coaching or poor executution on the players part I'm not close enough to the program to know but when you have that much talent and size and don't win it's either or...............

At GRC, a new principal choosing a new athletic director could put an early target on Humphrey's back.

IMO they (GRC) were the best team in the entire state in 09'-10' season but didn't perform to their potential. I also believe, based purely on my observations, that unless something has changed they'll have the same problems this season that had last. It's either poor coaching or poor executution on the players part I'm not close enough to the program to know but when you have that much talent and size and don't win it's either or...............

Regular season we were right where I thought we would be. Post season was a dissapointment. To say GRC was the best in the state is a huge statement, the 7th region alone was loaded. Were we one of the top 5 teams in the state, yes I believe we were.

 

Disagree with the last bolded statement. I feel that Mason Co players just wanted it more than the GRC players as a whole. Do I think this will happen again this year..I sure hope not whoever the oppoent is. Who is to say that Mason Co and GRC will be in the finals???

 

At GRC, a new principal choosing a new athletic director could put an early target on Humphrey's back.

 

I really don't think so, but it edpends on who they get as AD. And why should the new AD get the blame?? I am interested in knowing why. Souldn't the principal shoulder this responsibility?

Edited by gold sunrise

I really don't think so, but it edpends on who they get as AD. And why should the new AD get the blame?? I am interested in knowing why. Souldn't the principal shoulder this responsibility?

 

It all depends on how they work as a team. Usually the AD, if determining that a team is not living up to its full potential, will recommend to the principal that "we take our program into a different direction" and they will replace that coach. If the AD is new to this area (Central KY), he will have to look who is working out in the gym and wonder "What happened?" When you look at a team of young men that could rival some small college teams and they do not get to state, you have to wonder. SO I repeat my previous statement, If a new principal and a new AD see anything less than a state tourney out of GRC, they might start looking at the head coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.