Greenup County job posting........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is all three of these coaches have been "run off". Only at Greenup would or could something like this happen. If Fraley wants the job let him keep it. It don't matter if they hired Calipari, if certain kids didn't get to see the floor then he would be ran off too. Fraley has done a fine job coaching under the kind of microscope that Greenup has for its basketball program (:idunno:). As someone said in an earlier post, if they are going to rehire make it somebody who, like Copely, is not from around here.

Because I believe he wants the job to finish what he started, he can reapply just like anyone else, he didn't want to resign, I can tell you that....

After what he did you can still defend him and want him coaching at GC? He is lucky he didn't lose his teaching job and that my friend was one of the reasons he accepted the deal offered by the superintendent.

After what he did you can still defend him and want him coaching at GC? He is lucky he didn't lose his teaching job and that my friend was one of the reasons he accepted the deal offered by the superintendent.

:thumb::popcorn:

Does anyone have a clue when a decision will be made down there? How long does the posting last and when will it expire, or has it already?

The job was just actually posted last week and the posting lasts 30 days. The coach will not be announced until then.:popcorn:

Heard 16 people have applied for the Greenup job so far. One of the applicants I guess is a very big name but the board is keeping it hush hush because I guess there is a large amount of money involved if the deal goes down.

That was the last count I heard as well. There may still be more before the deadline. The committee has been formed and will meet soon to possibly whittle the list down by three or more. I believe they will submit a final list to the principal when all is said and done. He does not have to select the top choice he is presented with. The final decision rests with the principal.:popcorn:

Maybe the committee should decide.. Especially if the principal has made the decisions in the past, obvious doesn't seem to be doing a good job. Why not just split the county again? Everyone knows that's still part of the problem. Fraley could get rehired, Ward did back in the day also...

Maybe the committee should decide.. Especially if the principal has made the decisions in the past, obvious doesn't seem to be doing a good job. Why not just split the county again? Everyone knows that's still part of the problem. Fraley could get rehired, Ward did back in the day also...

Greenup County has a new principal in Jim Dunaway. I truely believe that he will not be pushed around and will make an informed decision.

I see 0% chance of Fraley being rehired.:eek:

Greenup County has a new principal in Jim Dunaway. I truely believe that he will not be pushed around and will make an informed decision.

I see 0% chance of Fraley being rehired.:eek:

Did not know that. Thanks for the correction. Hopefully he will then and straighten things up for the kids down their.