March 11, 201016 yr Not if... UK wins the SEC. Kansas wins the Big 12 Duke wins the ACC Ohio State wins the Big 10 If all that happens, which is very possible, then I say that they will definitely not be the #1 seed.
March 11, 201016 yr Author I wonder if a #1 Seed has ever lost 2 in a row before getting to the Big Dance?
March 11, 201016 yr Not if... UK wins the SEC. Kansas wins the Big 12 Duke wins the ACC Ohio State wins the Big 10 If all that happens, which is very possible, then I say that they will definitely not be the #1 seed. I think it's possible they miss out if KState wins the Big 12 tournament and the rest of your scenario happens as well.
March 11, 201016 yr I think it's possible they miss out if KState wins the Big 12 tournament and the rest of your scenario happens as well. I think that I would probably have to agree with that as well.
March 11, 201016 yr Cuse still has a far better resume than K State or OSU even with the back to back Ls. If Onuaku is fine they get the 4th 1 seed...
March 11, 201016 yr They're deserving of it, but if Duke & Ohio State both win their tourneys, they are deserving too. If that were to happen, I would think you give it to Duke & OSU.
March 11, 201016 yr Cuse still has a far better resume than K State or OSU even with the back to back Ls. If Onuaku is fine they get the 4th 1 seed... I agree with you GT that Syracuse is still a #1 ... unless Onuaku is out. If he is out, that will affect their seeding more than these last two losses. Otherwise, I think Kansas, UK and Syracuse are pretty much locks for #1 seeds no matter what they do in their tournament games.
March 11, 201016 yr Duke deserves the 3rd #1 seed if they win the ACC, but I don't agree with Ohio State. I know they lost 3 while Turner was hurt, but they still lost 7 overall, and that's not worthy of a 1 seed with Cuse having the resume they do...
March 11, 201016 yr If Selection Sunday was tomorrow, imo, Syracuse would get a number one seed, but with their loss and if Onuaku is out, then I don't think they'll get a 1 seed.
March 11, 201016 yr Duke deserves the 3rd #1 seed if they win the ACC, but I don't agree with Ohio State. I know they lost 3 while Turner was hurt, but they still lost 7 overall, and that's not worthy of a 1 seed with Cuse having the resume they do... :thumb: At least people (not people here, just in general) have let up on the Villanova argument as of late. You can't lose as many down the stretch as they did and get a 1 seed, in my opinion.
March 11, 201016 yr :thumb: At least people (not people here, just in general) have let up on the Villanova argument as of late. You can't lose as many down the stretch as they did and get a 1 seed, in my opinion. Their high ranking in early Feb was a function of their schedule more than truly being one of the top 5 teams in the country. They played all their tough Big East games in late in the schedule.
March 11, 201016 yr Their high ranking in early Feb was a function of their schedule more than truly being one of the top 5 teams in the country. They played all their tough Big East games in late in the schedule. I agree, but as late as last week I still heard arguments for them as a 1 seed... I just didn't see it.
March 11, 201016 yr Im not so sure. I agree with some others that it depends on who wins some of these conference tourneys. Kansas and UK are 1 seeds no matter what happens. Duke will be for sure if they win the ACC tourney, might get one by just making it to the finals. I think it might come down to who wins the Big East tournament. If a team like WVU wins it they may slide in an take the spot from Syracuse.
March 11, 201016 yr I just don't see WVU getting to a #1 with 6 losses and getting beat by Syracuse head to head. In fact, I think it is pretty much a lock for the #1's - Kansas, UK, Syracuse (barring Onuaku being out for sure), Duke. All the tournaments are going to do is decide the rank of those 4.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.