Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I dare you!!

Featured Replies

Georgetown College men won a great game vs. Cambellsville in the MSC champioship played in Frankfort on Sunday. Congrats!

 

If you are a basketball fan, I dare you to go to a mid-south game and not want to go back for another. This is very good basketball.

I have done several MidSouth games with WOBZ in London. They are a ton of fun!!! I had planned on possibly working some of the games at the tourney this year, but my schedule would not allow it.

Papa's brief summary:

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=201417

 

There's some really good basketball being played right in many of our backyards. Admission to Sunday's finals was five bucks. Five bucks well-spent!

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The difference between the premier players in NAIA Division 1 and D-1 is about 4 inches per man.

I have said that for years about the difference. I usually say 2-4 inches.

I agree with both of you. There has always been good basketball being played in this conference.

 

I thought that back to Victor Moses' time at Henry Clay, he could be a fine contributing player at a D-I school. He was injured during his senior year and the D-I offers he was looking for did not come. It has worked out well for him at Georgetown College. Another of the long list of good catches for Happy Osborne.

 

Also, the Walls kid from Scott County proved as a freshman that he could contribute on the D-I level at Marshall. Another "good get" for the Hapster!

Papa's brief summary:

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=201417

 

There's some really good basketball being played right in many of our backyards. Admission to Sunday's finals was five bucks. Five bucks well-spent!

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The difference between the premier players in NAIA Division 1 and D-1 is about 4 inches per man.

 

Or about .4 on their GPA. Back when I was in school the MidSouth was full of people that failed to qualify for the NCAA or flunked out when they got there.

I have said that for years about the difference. I usually say 2-4 inches.

 

:ohbrother:

Some of the best basketball I've watched in the state this season (and I've watched a bunch) was in Johnson Arena at Morehead State, in the Mid-South Conference and at the DII level.

Insert sleepy icon.

 

Care to explain your criticism or do you have anything to back that up?

I agree with everything said here. Randy McCoy always got some guys while he was at Pikeville College, and put together some pretty competitive teams. Right before he left he had Kevin Gaines who was a guy who won Big X frosh of the year at Michigan the year or two before. There was a lot more like him. Now Kelly Wells has done a good job of bringing in guys and keeping pace with Happy. Much like the point of this thread, its hard to go to a Pikeville College/Georgetown game and not be satisfied.

I agree with everything said here. Randy McCoy always got some guys while he was at Pikeville College, and put together some pretty competitive teams. Right before he left he had Kevin Gaines who was a guy who won Big X frosh of the year at Michigan the year or two before. There was a lot more like him. Now Kelly Wells has done a good job of bringing in guys and keeping pace with Happy. Much like the point of this thread, its hard to go to a Pikeville College/Georgetown game and not be satisfied.

 

True that. The Pikeville at Georgetown game a couple of weeks ago was a classic.

Care to explain your criticism or do you have anything to back that up?

 

I've seen plenty of DII and smaller college basketball. I just don't find it nearly as entertaining as the big boys.

I've seen plenty of DII and smaller college basketball. I just don't find it nearly as entertaining as the big boys.

 

You must be watching the wrong games then. JMO.

You must be watching the wrong games then. JMO.

 

I doubt it. Most of the ones who enjoy these games have ties to the colleges.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.