Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes / Newport predictions

Who wins? 87 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Holmes
      68%
      60
    • Newport
      31%
      27

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who makes it to Rupp?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Holmes by 10+, making it 4 straight regional titles.

Holmes in a very, very tight game. Congrats to Newport and Holmes.

  • Author

It's nice to see Newport in the finals. I think game will be like the Holmes/Boone game tonight, but Holmes will not let up as easliy. I hope they have different refs, the same refs two games in a row for Holmes had to be annoying in a way.

Voting for Newport in an upset cause I want to see them win, not cause they are the better team. Holmes has already proved that during the season. I look for a close game. Probably an edge to Newport that their game was first tonight.

As I posted in another thread: I am a oldguy and I don't remember and neither did Mr. Madrick nor Mr. Arnzen (remember) the last time Newport and Holmes played against each other in the finals in the Ninth Region? My guess is they have, for back in the day Newport was always one of the best teams in the Ninth.

 

Holmes by ten or more.

As I posted in another thread: I am a oldguy and I don't remember and neither did Mr. Madrick nor Mr. Arnzen (remember) the last time Newport and Holmes played against each other in the finals in the Ninth Region? My guess is they have, for back in the day Newport was always one of the best teams in the Ninth.

 

Holmes by ten or more.

 

 

TOG, If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Holmes played Newport in the infamous 9th region final when Doug Schloemer, as a freshman, hit a jumper at the buzzer. As I recall, there was a very good player for Newport last name was Fox. I think this was 75,76 or 77.

Holmes boys will be fired up for tomorrows game. J. Johnson, R. Johnson, and E. Pittman all have something to prove. Holmes by 10+.

TOG, If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Holmes played Newport in the infamous 9th region final when Doug Schloemer, as a freshman, hit a jumper at the buzzer. As I recall, there was a very good player for Newport last name was Fox. I think this was 75,76 or 77.

 

Wasn't '75-that year NCC beat HC in double OT. Wasn't '76-that year Holmes beat HC in finals. I guess it could've been '77 although Schlomer was a freshman in the 74-75 season.

One of my reasons for wanting Holmes to win the Ninth Sunday, is Homes IMO is the only team in the Ninth that has a chance to win the State Tourney.

 

While Newport is a very, very good team, they just aren't deep enough to go deep into the Sweet Sixteen

 

If anyone saw Elliott County last year (and Newport isn't as good as EC was last year) they couldn't win Saturday's game because of not having a deep enough bench!

 

Playing four games in four days on a college floor with all the pressure is tough on a kid and it makes it even worse, if that kid has to log a ton of game minutes. Even a young man in great shape, gets physically and more important mentally drained trying to pull it off but without the help of a deep bench, it makes it almost impossible!

 

Go Holmes!

I'm going with the Dogs. Newport simply isn't a very good match up outside of Luther and Foster.

 

I'm going to say Elijah Pittman is the difference, just like in the Boone game. Newport has played very timid down low against Holmes front court this season.

 

I expect Newport to throw a lot of different defensive looks at Holmes and try to rely on the 3 ball when possible against Holmes defense.

 

Holmes beat Newport by 18 at Holmes and by 10 on a neutral court. Holmes by a margin somewhere in the middle of those two. I just don't see the big 3 being denied their senior year.

 

The dynasty continues:

 

Holmes: 59

Newport: 48

Newport in an upset, I hope anyway's.

Holmes dominated Newport in the Lloyd invitational. I expect a much better game but Newport has to be tired and the mental edge is clearly on the Holmes side. I pick Holmes by 10. Having said that their(Holmes) 3 ball disappeared last night. Makes a huge difference when they miss those big bombs.

 

Good luck to both teams, its been a great event at the BOK. Get on down to the Center for the game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.