Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 80 Georgia 68

Featured Replies

Cousins only got 3 FGA because he sat a lot of the 1st half due to foul trouble. He passed the ball out of the post relatively well, and he also walked on one possession.

 

What's strange is that two of his attempts were when he did it all himself. One time he went coast-to-coast. Pretty good moves for the Big Fella.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cats were 12-73 from 3 point range for 16% the last 4 games. That obviously dropped their average down against SEC teams. I can't find their SEC games only stats, so I wonder what their average was before their 4 game shooting slump.

 

I looked earlier, but I just looked again. I think they've done it 4 of the last 16 games. One of those teams is Vandy who will reach the tourney. Florida and Mississippi might also and that's two of the others.

 

Their two best efforts were against Drexel at home when they hit 70% and Hartford at home when they hit 50% going 14-28. I'd guess they don't play that level of talent many more times.

Edited by SSC

I'm just confused how 33% is "blazing hot" for them. Sure, it is lately but they have shot at a 35% clip for the season, why not look at the whole picture? We've talked about how they are wide open, why would it matter who they are playing if that is the case?

 

B/C it was their 4th best shooting performance in the last 16 games so I'd say they shot it better than normal. The best opponents they've played they haven't shot at a 35% clip. So after the 2nd round they will be playing against decent to very good competetion. The only "likely" tourney team they've shot well against in the last 16 games is Vandy unless Mississippi or Florida makes it. Auburn and Georgia won't be there. If you want to rely on them shooting well b/c they did in December that's ok. I just think it's more realistic that after the first round they won't hit above 35% too often. Trust me I hope I'm wrong. I just think they need to not try to prove they can shoot the 3. Sure they have to take them, just not at the expense of Cousins getting touches against good teams.

Edited by SSC

Cuz played 21 minutes, if I remember correctly. Didn't UK get out-rebounded something like 35-27? What's up with that?

I was glad to see Bledsoe only get 20 minutes. He's been forcing it WAY too much for the last few weeks. He needs to settle back down.

 

I couldn't agree with you more. And his reduced minutes translated into better team play. Bledsoe is no doubt a talent, but he forces the issue way too much. I liked the consistent rotation Cal employed last night with Bledsoe, Miller, Harris, Liggins, & Dodson. I'm hoping we see a similar substitution pattern in the future.

Cuz played 21 minutes, if I remember correctly. Didn't UK get out-rebounded something like 35-27? What's up with that?

 

Actually 37-28 on rebounds. UK hit a lot of shots. 54.4%

Cuz played 21 minutes, if I remember correctly. Didn't UK get out-rebounded something like 35-27? What's up with that?

 

They don't box out.... Too many ball watchers.

And I really thought they would lose. Sharp was obviously joking, and so was I. If you honestly think me picking Kentucky to win or lose has any effect whatsoever on the game then I'm at a loss for words. :rolleyes::ohbrother:

 

I agree.

 

As long as you don't pick them to win any tournament games.:sssh:

They don't box out.... Too many ball watchers.
Not boxing out led to Big Cuz's 2nd foul and put him on the bench for about 9 minutes.

Very good defensive effort in the second half. Overall, a good game offensively, attacking the rim which opens up your threes. In opposite, hitting threes can also open up your inside game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.