Newport Central Catholic / Boone County 3/4 Predictions

Who wins this matchup?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Boone County

Newport Central Catholic maybe the hottest team in the 9th region and many folks 2nd favorite to the Holmes Bulldogs in this tournament takes on a troubled Boone Co. squad looking to regain its place as the 2nd favorite in the 9th region a position they held for most of the season before a sound beating by the Ryle Raiders in the 33rd district championship.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabbard v. Pangallo

Brown/Lay/Earls v. Giesler

I believe these are the two key matchups in this first round game. Foul trouble may be the key in this game.

Hard to tell if Boone has chalked up the season after the defection of two seniors. Hopefully, the rest of the seniors can bring this team together (Gabbard, Cotton, Earls). If they can't, it's going to be hard to overcome the Breds!

I'll give this game a toss up and say it will be determined by foul trouble.

Boone - 60

NCC - 59

Thinking with the heart on this one!

Jake "the Beast" Giesler will have another big outing here. Double-Doubles are beginning to be the norm for him! If NCC's guards "go Pangallo" on the Rebels, then a whale of a match-up happens with Holmes v. NCC.

Newcath has been playing well, as long as they shoot well outside they will win. They live and die by the three. However, Geisler is usually there to clean up the mess.

If Newcath has a bad shooting night and Boone keeps Geisler off the boards, Boone wins.

In my eyes, I see this one being a 10+ point margin win. I just do not know who! Just depends on what I said above. I'll go with Newcath, 65-54

Jake "the Beast" Giesler will have another big outing here. Double-Doubles are beginning to be the norm for him! If NCC's guards "go Pangallo" on the Rebels, then a whale of a match-up happens with Holmes v. NCC.

I don't see Giesler getting that double-double in this game. I just think Boone can run so many big men at him they will wear him down and keep him off the boards. Can he shoot free throws? :idunno:

I think you can give Pangallo the edge over Gabbard, however, I think Boone's bigs (the combination of them) gets the edge over Giesler.

Who does NCC have that matches up with Cotton and Montgomery?

It may come down to those players as to who wins this game.

What's the status of the two Boone players that either quit or were suspended? I could never figure out the full story on here. Are they playing or done for the year?

They were not in the box score for the District Championship game against Ryle Friday night.

I don't recall seeing them on the bench either. Perhaps, Wildcatfan can chime in, he is close to the Boone program and seems to have a lot of knowledge of the situation.

In my opinion, it's time to move on and go with what you have at this point!!!

They were not in the box score for the District Championship game against Ryle Friday night.

I don't recall seeing them on the bench either. Perhaps, Wildcatfan can chime in, he is close to the Boone program and seems to have a lot of knowledge of the situation.

In my opinion, it's time to move on and go with what you have at this point!!!

:thumb: At this point if you were McQueary, would you trust either of those two? I don't see how any coach could count on them or play them even if they did want to come back.

:thumb: At this point if you were McQueary, would you trust either of those two? I don't see how any coach could count on them or play them even if they did want to come back.

I 100% agree. How could you trust or play them if you are McQueary? Who is to say they wouldn't 'quit' or 'leave' or 'not show up' again. I'm not a big fan of his style of play, etc., but he is the coach and has shown to be successful in coaching the Rebels.

Even though we do not know the reason(s) as to why these boys 'left' the team (or were asked to leave) and I hate to pass judgement, however, at the end of the day, they are gone and they left friends, teammates and classmates behind.

Heck, if I'm Cotton, Earls, Gabbard, Montgomery, Brown, etc., I wouldn't let them back. What is it.... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Good Luck Rebels and clamp down on Pangallo and Giesler Thursday night and you should be in for a successful night.

Pangallo punished the Rebels the 1st time they played. (25 points) They will be all over him in this game. The Breds will need Schmitt and Lampe to keep raining 3's. Geisler will have his hands full underneath. I hope the Breds prevail and get another shot at Holmes.

This game should be a classic. The role players may be the ones who have the final say. While Geisler and Pangallo will do their thing, can the rest of the bunch stay hot from the outside? As for Boone, they must pound the ball inside. They can use their size to get Geisler in foul trouble, or dominate at the power forward sport, where NCC is not as big.

I 100% agree. How could you trust or play them if you are McQueary? Who is to say they wouldn't 'quit' or 'leave' or 'not show up' again. I'm not a big fan of his style of play, etc., but he is the coach and has shown to be successful in coaching the Rebels.

Even though we do not know the reason(s) as to why these boys 'left' the team (or were asked to leave) and I hate to pass judgement, however, at the end of the day, they are gone and they left friends, teammates and classmates behind.

Heck, if I'm Cotton, Earls, Gabbard, Montgomery, Brown, etc., I wouldn't let them back. What is it.... Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Good Luck Rebels and clamp down on Pangallo and Giesler Thursday night and you should be in for a successful night.

If a player left the team of his own volition, I agree completely.