Newport Central Catholic / Boone County 3/4 Predictions

Who wins this matchup?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Boone County

Unless there's a health or family emergency issue, I'd be dragging my son by the back of the neck to the coach's office and getting back on that team to finish my senior year and not leave my teammates hanging. ( Of course at this stage it's too late) I don't care how miserable he was or upset. My son's high school career legacy would not be "quit my senior year with two weeks left". Especially after the years these two boys put into basketball. By the way did anyone see the kid in Schulze's uniform at the district game in the stands. That was a real classy move. These kids must really hate their teammates. This would only motivate me if I were still on the team.

Good Luck Rebels.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to predict this one. Newcath lives and dies by the 3 and with the recent departure of Popp and Schultz, I'm not sure Boone can defend the perimeter well enough to keep the Breds hot shooting in check.

On the flip side, Boone has the bodies down low to be very physical with Geisler and hold him in check.

Not going to predict a winner but I'm going to say the final is within 5, regardless of who wins.

Unless there's a health or family emergency issue, I'd be dragging my son by the back of the neck to the coach's office and getting back on that team to finish my senior year and not leave my teammates hanging. ( Of course at this stage it's too late) I don't care how miserable he was or upset. My son's high school career legacy would not be "quit my senior year with two weeks left". Especially after the years these two boys put into basketball. By the way did anyone see the kid in Schulze's uniform at the district game in the stands. That was a real classy move. These kids must really hate their teammates. This would only motivate me if I were still on the team.

Good Luck Rebels.

:thumb::thumb: I could not agree more with you BD!

I heard NCC was practicing at the Cintas Center in preperation for the 9th region tournament. That is a brilliant move by the coaching staff at NCC, especially since they depend on 3 point shooting so much.

Should be a good game. IMO, probably the best opening round game of the tournament along with St. Henry / Cov. Cath..

Where are 'Fortheloveofthegame33' and 'Wildcatfan' at? Thoroughbred got your tongue?:idunno:

:thumb::thumb: I could not agree more with you BD!

I heard NCC was practicing at the Cintas Center in preperation for the 9th region tournament. That is a brilliant move by the coaching staff at NCC, especially since they depend on 3 point shooting so much.

Should be a good game. IMO, probably the best opening round game of the tournament along with St. Henry / Cov. Cath..

Where are 'Fortheloveofthegame33' and 'Wildcatfan' at? Thoroughbred got your tongue?:idunno:

I still have my tongue, just didn't want to comment on the two players that left the team issue.

On the other hand, I think Boone is well capable of beating NCC if the starting 6 show up to play. If you look at their last two games against ryle and even Cooper, there was a lack of offensive contribution in the scoring department from some key players. They have to find a way to get to the basket and make their shots. If they are on, then Boone can't be stopped because they outmatch NCC with 5+ talent. Defense will play a big part in the result of this game also. IMO this will be an exciting game because of the open floor and the question is who dies down first?

I still have my tongue, just didn't want to comment on the two players that left the team issue.

On the other hand, I think Boone is well capable of beating NCC if the starting 6 show up to play. If you look at their last two games against ryle and even Cooper, there was a lack of offensive contribution in the scoring department from some key players. They have to find a way to get to the basket and make their shots. If they are on, then Boone can't be stopped because they outmatch NCC with 5+ talent. Defense will play a big part in the result of this game also. IMO this will be an exciting game because of the open floor and the question is who dies down first?

Agree.

Boone needs scorers and needs to be able to stop the three-point shot to win this one. They have struggled to get out of the 50s this year, but they have been saved in several games by defense. Brown is probably Boone's best scorer. Brown and Gabbard and Earls must have good games.

I also agree with Walter that it will be a 5-point game.

Hope Boone can win.

Edited by wildcatfan
typo

If you havent noticed yet losing Schultz and Popp has played a big part into there lack of scoring. Without Popp driving the lane it has become tougher for Boone to create more open shots. Both these kids left due to McQuearys coaching style. Hopefully Mikey can shut down Grant tomorrow night and have a big win over NCC.

I would say Boone over NCC by 6.

Also without Popp having at least 15 against Ryle both games played, was a major contributer to the loss. But Mitch as a heck of a game and would love to see him down in state.

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13

if you havent noticed yet losing schultz and popp has played a big part into there lack of scoring. Without popp driving the lane it has become tougher for boone to create more open shots. Both these kids left due to McQuearys coaching style. Hopefully mikey can shut down grant tomorrow night and have a big win over NCC.

i would say Boone over Ncc by 6.

I do not understand this part. I mean, they have played for the coach for how long? Did the coach change his style recently? To quit now, just a couple of games left in your high school career?? Seems like there would have to be more to it than just quiting over his coaching style.

I do not understand this part. I mean, they have played for the coach for how long? Did the coach change his style recently? To quit now, just a couple of games left in your high school career?? Seems like there would have to be more to it than just quiting over his coaching style.

Beat me to, my friend.

Like him or not he hasn't changed. He is now what he was when these boys were juniors. I'm cool with quitting after the junior year. That happens and is acceptable. Last week of the regular season? Disappointing.

For the past two years of there varsity time the players dont like how he coaches. He has had so much talent though it seems like his style is working. With McQueary its if you get in and do good you stay in. but miss one shot or have a bad play you come right out. It just seems he doesnt give these kids a shot at what they can do because their affaid to make a mistake.

For the past two years of there varsity time the players dont like how he coaches. He has had so much talent though it seems like his style is working. With McQueary its if you get in and do good you stay in. but miss one shot or have a bad play you come right out. It just seems he doesnt give these kids a shot at what they can do because their affaid to make a mistake.

Classic worn out line.

I've watched Boone and I've watched plenty of mistakes being made. You're not getting yanked for "A" mistake.

Beat me to, my friend.

Like him or not he hasn't changed. He is now what he was when these boys were juniors. I'm cool with quitting after the junior year. That happens and is acceptable. Last week of the regular season? Disappointing.

Extremely disappointing. I feel even more sorry for their ex-team mates. I would assume they would all have been working so hard, trying to make the team better, get ready for tournament time, to have a shot at going to Rupp, how they must feel when two of their strongest players bail on them??? wow