Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lafayette 62 Lexington Catholic 56

Featured Replies

Sorry !!!! But IMO it is.

 

Obviously LC didnt take advantage of a 9 inch difference with their big center and the 5'10 Lafayette kid.

 

I dont follow the 11th like you though so as an outsider looking in this is more surprising to me then you. It is what it is. :thumb:

 

Lafayette is very good. They are probably the most athletic team in the 11th region. They have great speed and players like Walker and Hagans are All region guys. Also a player like Shaw is tougher than nails. Hes not going to score a lot, but hes so physical and quick that he makes a big difference on the court.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recognize that Lafayette is a very good team, but Lexington Catholic was considered the superior team by almost everyone, and had not failed to make a regional tournament in 24 years. That qualifies this as fairly shocking.

Sorry !!!! But IMO it is.

 

Obviously LC didnt take advantage of a 9 inch difference with their big center and the 5'10 Lafayette kid.

 

I dont follow the 11th like you though so as an outsider looking in this is more surprising to me then you. It is what it is. :thumb:

 

Like I said earlier. There was no opportunity to take advantage of the 5'10" kid(Eric Shaw). Shaw was pushing the Lex Cath center out of the paint everytime he tried to post up, he was beating him to the spot he was trying to get, he was cutting in the passing lane, he was all over him!!!

 

From the Lexington-Herald:

Not only did Shaw score 6 points in the 4th quarter, his defense on 6-foot-8 Peurach was huge. "Shaw came in and made a difference," Lexington Catholic Coach Brandon Salsman said.

Curious ... Fields said that the last time the boys didn't make region was '86. When's the last time neither the LexCath boys OR girls didn't make the region tourney?

Scott Co. gotta be very happy tonight. Two teams they had losses to won't make it to the Regional tournament.

 

My thoughts exactly.

Darn it. My Holmes Bulldogs always count on a win against them at Rupp.

Will agree Shaw was fantastic but LCHS was unimaginative on ways they tried to get the big fella the ball down low. Very vanilla game plan.

Should we now reflect on those that said Coldiron was not a good choice for Lafayette. I seem to recall statements about his past jobs. Its funny how coaches can go from being bad to good in such a short period of time. Congrats Lafayette and goodluck.

The road to Rupp just got a tad easier for Scott Co. They will still have to play well to win the 11th. I believe they are up to the task.

Should we now reflect on those that said Coldiron was not a good choice for Lafayette. I seem to recall statements about his past jobs. Its funny how coaches can go from being bad to good in such a short period of time. Congrats Lafayette and goodluck.

 

If I recall correctly, BUT didn't Coach Coldiron take a Powel County Team from the 14th to the State Tournament a few years Back?

why would you press a team that is more athletic at every position, and not force them into a halfcourt game. Beckhams had 18 turnovers and Catholics big man rarely touched the ball. Poor game plan by the Knights

why would you press a team that is more athletic at every position, and not force them into a halfcourt game. Beckhams had 18 turnovers and Catholics big man rarely touched the ball. Poor game plan by the Knights

 

Have you ever watched LexCath? Thats just how they play. I don't know if I've ever seen them not play that way. And what they've done has worked quite well for a long time. They have a good team, but Lafayette was a little better.

If I recall correctly, BUT didn't Coach Coldiron take a Powel County Team from the 14th to the State Tournament a few years Back?[/quote

 

True but there were some that believed he wasn't what Lafayette needed, good decision Lafayette.

The road to Rupp just got a tad easier for Scott Co. They will still have to play well to win the 11th. I believe they are up to the task.

 

Yeah, They will have to play EXTREMELY well. I thought going into the tournament that there were 7 teams that could win the 11th on a given night. 2 are now gone in LCA and LexCath. I still believe Scott County, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Franklin County or Madison Southern could win it on a given night.

 

Scott County has the most talented starting 5, but there bench has left much to be desired this year. I don't think the 11th is a talented as the last few years, but it is still the 2nd strongest region in the state, behind the 7th in my opinion.

Like I said earlier. There was no opportunity to take advantage of the 5'10" kid(Eric Shaw). Shaw was pushing the Lex Cath center out of the paint everytime he tried to post up, he was beating him to the spot he was trying to get, he was cutting in the passing lane, he was all over him!!!

 

From the Lexington-Herald:

Not only did Shaw score 6 points in the 4th quarter, his defense on 6-foot-8 Peurach was huge. "Shaw came in and made a difference," Lexington Catholic Coach Brandon Salsman said.

I agree with your post in that Eric Shaw did a nice job on Tanner Peurach, but he was on him a limited amount of time since Peurach got into foul trouble.

 

Lexington Catholic showed early in the game they had no interest in running their offense through their center who had a huge advantage in the post.

 

It is easy for me to say now, but I said at the time I thought it was the wrong strategy on Lexington Catholic's part.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.