26-1

Original Rookie

Or this one...

I'm not going to predict an exact record, but I'm thinking they lose around 7-9 games. If they consistently show the ability to shoot the opponent out of zone and gimmick defenses it will be better, but that was always an issue at Memphis St for Cal's teams against CUSA opponents and with the jump in talent moving to the SEC I think they drop some unexpected games here and there. I also think it will take some time to adjust to the style of defense that he demands, so when I add up both I think UK will have a very good season, but will experience some growing pains along the way...

:p

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or this one...

I'm not going to predict an exact record, but I'm thinking they lose around 7-9 games. If they consistently show the ability to shoot the opponent out of zone and gimmick defenses it will be better, but that was always an issue at Memphis St for Cal's teams against CUSA opponents and with the jump in talent moving to the SEC I think they drop some unexpected games here and there. I also think it will take some time to adjust to the style of defense that he demands, so when I add up both I think UK will have a very good season, but will experience some growing pains along the way...

:popcorn:

Or this one...

GT was right about the growing pains, but UK found a way to win some of those games they could have lost.

GT was right about the growing pains, but UK found a way to win some of those games they could have lost.

My main concern was that it wasn't likely that Wall would come in from day 1 and be the guy that could close out tight games. That prediction didn't go so well... :lol:

My main concern was that it wasn't likely that Wall would come in from day 1 and be the guy that could close out tight games. That prediction didn't go so well... :lol:

He came in on Day 2 and hit the game winner.

I expected big things out of Wall, but he has surpassed my expectations as well. His ability to knock down a jump shot and shoot free throws has been a pleasant surprise.

And it was "Day 1" for him.

Indeed it was. Doesn't seem like too long ago. It'll be interesting to see how this team plays down the stretch.

Individually, there is not a single team in the country that can match up with them. Syracuse is the popular team to pick against Kentucky because of their zone defense. But Kentucky has faced mostly zone this year and has done relatively well with it.

It's exciting. I had a wedding this weekend so I missed the Vandy game. Can't wait to watch it tonight. :D

You might have been off on the wins and losses, but they have definitely had some growing pains. But Wall has been better than advertised and Cousins has blown away my expectations for a freshman big man. I did not realize how good his footwork was and his ability around the basket. He has been the biggest surprise to me. And you are right, I didn't realize that Wall could be such a clutch guy this early in his college career. I guess many who said he was the real deal were right on target with him.

I played it safe, ... my only prediction was that UK would win more games this season than last season. I sort of hedged my bets on that one!

I am not exactly sure that one is completely solved, but it has turned out better than anticipated.

Liggins 43%

Patterson 40%

Miller 39%

Dodson 37.5%

Bledsoe 37.5%

Wall 35%

That is pretty solid and wayyyy better than anyone imagined early in the year. They have enough guys to keep you honest. The last two games have been rough, but they are a solid three point shooting team.

I will be honest, I had read about Wall and was optimistic, but I am not sure anyone saw what Cousins has brought to the table.

I'm not surprised by Cousins. Two things surprised me...

1. That John Wall was that good immediately. I'm not surprised by Cousins because there was an obvious progression. I expected that from Wall to some degree.

2. John Wall's ability in the clutch.

Without #2, they'd likely have lost at least two or three prior to SEC play, perhaps more.

But, I did feel confident that this team could simply out-talent the majority of its schedule, including SEC play. And, to some degree, they've done that.