Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Florida 65 Cincinnati 57

Featured Replies

Could UC's budget deficit force them to keep a coach who they are not happy with?

Potentially yes, but right now Mike Thomas and President Williams are still fully in his corner...

  • Replies 91
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Potentially yes, but right now Mike Thomas and President Williams are still fully in his corner...

 

Today.

Today.

If they fall apart down the stretch again his seat will certainly start to get warm and he would need to really step things up next year...

If they fall apart down the stretch again his seat will certainly start to get warm and he would need to really step things up next year...

 

I agree but what if the buyout for him plus the necessary money for a new/better coach is too much? They keep him?

I agree but what if the buyout for him plus the necessary money for a new/better coach is too much? They keep him?

Looks that way...

GT, you and Clyde have brought up a whole different issue here. I was operating under a naive assumption that UC's athletic department was properly funded to win. As I mentioned in an earlier post, perhaps they are being held hostage by financial reasons. Not a good situation to be in for a school. Sounds like Cronin will be there for a while regardless of wins or losses.

Mark Few? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

The UC athletic department is swimming in debt and they are going to have the money to bring in a guy that turned down truckloads of cash from IU and Arizona to stay at Gonzaga? Funny...

 

I found that funny as well.

I found that funny as well.

 

I am glad you found that to be so humorous. If I was a UC fan, I would be very concerned about where this program is headed. Free fallin' without a parachute.

It would have to be comparable to what Pitino took over.

 

So we are now comparing Cronin to Pitino? Just not realistic.

The majority of the fan base are idiots that wanted him to fail before he coached one game. Not much you can do about that...

 

I'm not sure if I consider myself in the UC fanbase. I will root for them, attend a couple of games etc., However I felt a the time, that retaining AK would have been the better option. Do you feel this is the reason the majority wanted Cronin to fail?

So we are now comparing Cronin to Pitino? Just not realistic.

 

No I was just comparing the situations.

I'm not sure if I consider myself in the UC fanbase. I will root for them, attend a couple of games etc., However I felt a the time, that retaining AK would have been the better option. Do you feel this is the reason the majority wanted Cronin to fail?

 

Didn't they try to keep and and AK said no thanks?

Didn't they try to keep and and AK said no thanks?

 

I had thought Dr. Z had made it pretty clear she didn't want anyone with Huggy bear ties...

I'm not sure if I consider myself in the UC fanbase. I will root for them, attend a couple of games etc., However I felt a the time, that retaining AK would have been the better option. Do you feel this is the reason the majority wanted Cronin to fail?

 

It goes a lot deeper than that. Many felt he betrayed the program when he left to go work for Pitino when he took the UL job...

Didn't they try to keep and and AK said no thanks?

 

That would be a big negative. AK did a lot of damage to the program behind the scenes in the one season he was in charge...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.