February 16, 201016 yr Anybody frustrated with the 7:00 than 9:00 start times on ESPN hoops schedule? I guess we will get to pick up the Kentucky game 10 minutes into the first half again tonight.:madman: Why can't they put 2.5 hours in between games? It not like an NBA game, the first part of a college game is actually interesting.
February 16, 201016 yr Anybody frustrated with the 7:00 than 9:00 start times on ESPN hoops schedule? I guess we will get to pick up the Kentucky game 10 minutes into the first half again tonight.:madman: Why can't they put 2.5 hours in between games? It not like an NBA game, the first part of a college game is actually interesting. Because more often than not the games are over within 2 hours.
February 16, 201016 yr Because more often than not the games are over within 2 hours. It hasn't seemed that way as much lately. For instance, the Villanova/UConn game ran long last night. I think it was into the first TV timeout before they got over to KU/A&M. And that was a regulation game.
February 16, 201016 yr It hasn't seemed that way as much lately. For instance, the Villanova/UConn game ran long last night. I think it was into the first TV timeout before they got over to KU/A&M. And that was a regulation game. How many of the 9PM UK games have we missed the beginning of the game? The game from last week is the only one that I can remember.
February 16, 201016 yr The great irony of 9:00 games on ESPN is that they are sometimes called by Bobby Knight who used to RAIL against networks and college presidents for agreeing to let games start at 9:00.
February 16, 201016 yr As a fan in the stands, I wouldn't want the game to start any later than 9:30, which is what we'd be looking at if we didn't want them to overlap. The real problem is the ESPN doesn't properly utilize channels people really don't watch to show overlap. They should throw the first part of the 9 p.m. game on ESPN News if the early game isn't done in time. I don't know why they don't do that all the time.
February 16, 201016 yr Author It hasn't seemed that way as much lately. For instance, the Villanova/UConn game ran long last night. I think it was into the first TV timeout before they got over to KU/A&M. And that was a regulation game. There was 12:38 left in the 1st half when they switched over last night! I think it was worse for the UK game last week. They should regionalize like they do for the NCAA tourneys. Edited February 16, 201016 yr by TAC forgot a word!
February 16, 201016 yr There was 12:38 left in the 1st half when they switched over last night! I think it was worse for the UK game last week. They should regionalize like they do for the NCAA tourneys. The score was 9-8 Aggies when they switched over last night. If there was only 12:38 left then all we missed was some ugly basketball.
February 16, 201016 yr They should regionalize like they do for the NCAA tourneys. Not an option on ESPN. It's one national network, not a series of affiliates...
February 16, 201016 yr The great irony of 9:00 games on ESPN is that they are sometimes called by Bobby Knight who used to RAIL against networks and college presidents for agreeing to let games start at 9:00. I hadn't thought about that, but you are exactly right. He really publicly battled that.
February 16, 201016 yr Most of the games on ESPN are also on espn360. i didn't miss a minute of last weeks game..had to catch the first part on the web, but....its better than missing it
February 16, 201016 yr There have been a few games that we joined in progess this year, one other I know off hand is the LSU game. I agree, they should start the first game at 6:45 or the second at 9:15, if there is time in between they have that extra time for the people in the studio or whatever.
February 16, 201016 yr How many of the 9PM UK games have we missed the beginning of the game? The game from last week is the only one that I can remember. I have no idea. How many 9 PM games have they even played? I'm not speaking from a UK perspective, I'm speaking from a general perspective.
February 16, 201016 yr There have been a few games that we joined in progess this year, one other I know off hand is the LSU game. I agree, they should start the first game at 6:45 or the second at 9:15, if there is time in between they have that extra time for the people in the studio or whatever. The LSU game was a SEC Network game on a Saturday, and it started on time.
February 16, 201016 yr I have no idea. How many 9 PM games have they even played? I'm not speaking from a UK perspective, I'm speaking from a general perspective. Don't you realize that UK games are the only ones that matter.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.