Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas to the Big 10?

Featured Replies

Colin Cowherd was talking about the Longhorns possibly making a move to the Big 10. He said it was mega-major news if it happens, especially for football. Also said it would really hurt the Big 12 because Texas was the standard-bearer for that conference, but would be an unbelievable pickup for the Big 10.

Has anyone else heard about this?

I don't see it. What could possibly lure Texas away from the Big 12 to the Big 10?

I don't see it. What could possibly lure Texas away from the Big 12 to the Big 10?

 

Agreed.

I don't see it. What could possibly lure Texas away from the Big 12 to the Big 10?

 

Must be the prospect of seeing their athletic travel budget multiply by 10 …

I totally see it. Moving from the area that is near to you and from schools with which you have a longstanding tradition? Totally.

Must be the prospect of seeing their athletic travel budget multiply by 10 …

 

:lol:

I don't see it. What could possibly lure Texas away from the Big 12 to the Big 10?

 

When in doubt the answer is always money. The Big 11 blows the Big 12 out of the water in revenue. Here's a look at the TV deals alone...

 

SEC

• ESPN: 15 years, $2.25 billion

• CBS: 15 years, $825 million

(Both deals run through 2023-2024.)

 

Big Ten

• Big Ten Network: 25 years, $2.8 billion* through 2031-32

• ABC/ESPN: 10 years, $1 billion through 2016

• CBS: 10 years, $20 million for basketball through 2018-19

 

ACC

• ABC/ESPN: Seven years, $258 million

• Raycom Sports: 10 years, $300 million for basketball

(Both run through 2010-11.)

 

Big 12

• ABC/ESPN: Eight years, $480 million through 2015-16

• Fox Sports Net: Four years, $78 million through 2011-12

 

Pac-10

• ABC/ESPN: Five years, $125 million for football

• Fox Sports Net: Five years, $97 million for football

• ABC/ESPN: Six years, $52.5 million for basketball

(All run through 2011-12.)

 

Big East

• ABC/ESPN: Six years, $200 million through 2013

Mountain West

• Comcast/CBS College Sports/The Mtn.: Seven years, $82 million through 2013-14

 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/07/24/tv-deals/index.html#ixzz0fFIYRZB0

Very good info. How much more money do schools in the Big 11 make compared to others?

Very good info. How much more money do schools in the Big 11 make compared to others?

 

 

He just gave you the figures, all you need to do is a little division now. :lol:

He just gave you the figures, all you need to do is a little division now. :lol:

 

I was talking about in total, not just from TV.

I was talking about in total, not just from TV.

I've seen a link to the numbers before, but couldn't find it after looking for a few. I know the Big 11 is at the top of overall revenue with the SEC in 2nd. Texas is already the top money producing program at around $85 million and this would likely take them over 100 mil...

I've seen a link to the numbers before, but couldn't find it after looking for a few. I know the Big 11 is at the top of overall revenue with the SEC in 2nd. Texas is already the top money producing program at around $85 million and this would likely take them over 100 mil...

 

That is what I had figured. I'd be surprised to see them make the jump. What's 15 extra mil?

There has also been some talk about the Pac-10 picking up two of the following:

 

Boise State

Brigham Young

Colorado

Utah

There has also been some talk about the Pac-10 picking up two of the following:

 

Boise State

Brigham Young

Colorado

Utah

Colorado and Utah seem the most likely from what I have heard...

That is what I had figured. I'd be surprised to see them make the jump. What's 15 extra mil?

 

What's an extra 15 mil a year? Really???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.