McCreary Central 78 Corbin 71

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great match up of two very good point guards for both teams. I liked the fire and enthusiasm that Wilson for Corbin plays with. It is not cocky or taunting towards the other team at all. He looks as though he is having fun and getting his team fired up when he gets excited. Good luck to Corbin the rest of the season and post season.

Very good game. Atmosphere was outstanding. This is the type of game these teams needed to get redy for tournament time.Wilson and Johnson had great games for Corbin. Watts was outstanding. Wright is the unsung heroe for the Raiders. His heady floorplay is a huge factor. Manns makes big plays all over the floor for the Hounds. The Raiders were more balanced and that was the differance in this game.

This was a nice game. I watched some of it on wazoo tonight. Mccreary lead most of the way anywhere from 5 to 10 points. Good ball club from that region. Watts is a nice player to watch for sure. Corbin has a nice quick guard. Not bad. Good luck to both squads through out the season.

This was a great game for sure. It was a nice win for the Raiders. Johnson and Wilson are two outstanding players. I thought the Freshman Tyson Williams had a great game for the Raiders. The sportmanship showed by both teams was great. Good luck to Corbin the rest of the way.

I thought the first half was well called. I do not know if Coach P. would not let the refs ride the bus back home if they did not change the way they called the game:lol:JK. At one point of the 2nd half the foul shots were 30 - 9 in favor of Corbin. And this was the only way they stayed in the game. That is my rant about the officials now I will praise the sportsmanship showed by both teams towards each other throughout the game. Both teams have quality coaches on the sideline.

I did not go to the game, but talked to some who did and it's funny how two sides can see the officiating totally opposite. It' s tough for the officials to please anyone.:lol:

A few common things I heard were:

1. McCreary was way more physical than Corbin and the Hounds struggled with this.

2. Watts is the real deal.

3. McCreary knows how to set some solid screens.

4. Mccreary shoots the ball well from the outside.

5. McCreary was the better team.

6. The ride home was treacherous!

Here's my formula for the Raiders win....

Out rebound Hounds by 12 + shoot 61% from field + 66% from 3 pt = WIN

Corbin was not the better team tonight. It happens. The Raiders have a great team and deserved the "W".

p.s. Corbin shot 39% (31% from 3 pt)...ouch...cold as the weather.

McCreary just outplayed Corbin in this one, IMO, if Corbin would have hit the shots they normally do, then no doubt this game would have been different! I'm not saying Corbin would of won, but Madison usually hits those shots that he missed... On other note congradulations to McCreary they proved that they are a top 20 team, and I look forward to watching them at Rupp (assuming Corbin makes it).

I thought the first half was well called. I do not know if Coach P. would not let the refs ride the bus back home if they did not change the way they called the game:lol:JK. At one point of the 2nd half the foul shots were 30 - 9 in favor of Corbin. And this was the only way they stayed in the game. That is my rant about the officials now I will praise the sportsmanship showed by both teams towards each other throughout the game. Both teams have quality coaches on the sideline.

Yes the officials were from the 13th region, but they did a fine job. The fouls count may have been a little on Corbins side, but if you watched the game the only thing a person could say about the officials is letting the corbin guards ride Watts. The officials did a great job. In the second half I thought Watts got rode a little much but you have to let these kids play. In fact the only one to complain about the officials was the coach from Corbin. So enough about the calling, McCreary won a very tough game, the end. About the fans, I thought the Corbin throwing incident was very classless. After the game a parent for Corbin was complaining about the officials saying Watts was pushing off, what would you do if you were getting rode, and then said "We would have won in Corbin." I was thinking excuses, excuses good win.

Yes the officials were from the 13th region, but they did a fine job. The fouls count may have been a little on Corbins side, but if you watched the game the only thing a person could say about the officials is letting the corbin guards ride Watts. The officials did a great job. In the second half I thought Watts got rode a little much but you have to let these kids play. In fact the only one to complain about the officials was the coach from Corbin. So enough about the calling, McCreary won a very tough game, the end. About the fans, I thought the Corbin throwing incident was very classless. After the game a parent for Corbin was complaining about the officials saying Watts was pushing off, what would you do if you were getting rode, and then said "We would have won in Corbin." I was thinking excuses, excuses good win.

A Corbin parent said the same thing you mentioned about Corbin riding Watts, but also said that Watts was so strong that he would just kind of grab the defender and push or throw him to the side. I think McCreary would likely beat Corbin at Corbin as well if they got the same open looks and knocked them down again. Everyone I talked to was impressed with the Raiders and thought they were the better team, although you always have some that want to make excuses.

What happened with the incident of someone throwing a drink, such as any idea who it was and why they did it? That sounds like strange behavior to me from a Corbin fan.

I did not go to the game, but talked to some who did and it's funny how two sides can see the officiating totally opposite. It' s tough for the officials to please anyone.:lol:

A few common things I heard were:

1. McCreary was way more physical than Corbin and the Hounds struggled with this.

2. Watts is the real deal.

3. McCreary knows how to set some solid screens.

4. Mccreary shoots the ball well from the outside.

5. McCreary was the better team.

6. The ride home was treacherous!

Watts is a really nice, super strong player