Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Officials

Featured Replies

In the 15th

Mike Hall

Johnny Webb

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to coach in 12th region. I always liked Jimmy Dyehouse, Scott Bottoms, and Tony Gray. I believe they still call there.

Edited by spindoc
rule #13

I am curious to hear what people think about the 8th region officials. I have watched some games this year and think they have a really good crew, just dont know any of their names.:idunno:

I've always thought that Cary Lyle and Kevin Walter do a good job.

 

Anybody know if John Chamberlain rejoined the fold this season?

  • Author
I've always thought that Cary Lyle and Kevin Walter do a good job.

 

Anybody know if John Chamberlain rejoined the fold this season?

 

I have been told John is not comming back..He had back surgery last summer and feels he needs to take it easy.

 

John was a GREAT Official and he is missed in the BBA.:thumb:

Brian Sandlin 8th

Tim O'hara 9th

Gary Wilson 10th

Tommy Greer 13th

Bobby Hall 16th

  • Author
Beau Queen

 

Shooter I believe he spells it Bo! Yes he is a good official.

Has Officiated numerous big games over his career and has worked several Regional Finals. He is very deserving of the State Tournament. I wish him well this year.

Edited by OL' TROJAN
wording wrong

I know they typically rank officials. Does anyone have the official list?

  • Author
I am curious to hear what people think about the 8th region officials. I have watched some games this year and think they have a really good crew, just dont know any of their names.:idunno:

 

In watching some of their crews work I would say Terry Coldiron, Brian Sandlin, Mark Howell would be some of their top guys.

  • Author
I don't know how many of you know this, but O'Hara not only works 9th Region games, but goes out of region for tournaments etc., to gain broadbased experience.

 

I know that he is a mainstay every year at the Ashland Invitational working alongside 16th Region officials.

 

My hat is off to O'Hara who takes his job as seriously as we do, and continuously strives to get better. :thumb:

 

BBA's Gary Wilson has a great disposition and attitude. He interacts well with the coaches and players and is always in control of any situation he is presented with. :thumb:

 

Mustang, Tim O'Hara is a fine Official. He has always worked good with other officiating crews from other regions.

 

I know the Bluegrass use to send alot of officials to other regions during the tournament season, but now need those officials in region. There is so many holiday tournaments they need to keep them in.

I have said it on here many times and I will say it once again.

 

The BBA that serves the 10th and 11th region are the very best in the state.

 

I always had Gary Wilson rated #1.

Other officials I rated highly were Brian Wallingford, Eric Thornberry, Kevin Letcher, Tom Mitchell, Bart Lenox.

 

BBA's Gary Wilson has a great disposition and attitude. He interacts well with the coaches and players and is always in control of any situation he is presented with. :thumb:

 

Mustang you hit this nail right on the head and reason why I always ranked him #1.

What about the 4 region? any takes on that

Shooter I believe he spells it Bo! Yes he is a good official.

Has Officiated numerous big games over his career and has worked several Regional Finals. He is very deserving of the State Tournament. I wish him well this year.

 

I know you didn't want us to be negative. I have witnessed several games by Bo Queen. Every game I have seen him call he T's up someone. I'm talking 15 games at least... :idunno:

 

If he would take his conditioning more serious, he probably would have a better chance of being in the right place at the right time.

I was going to link to a website that the BBA had on it's organization and officials.

Asked one of their officials if it was still up and they told me no.

Seems the officials were getting too much hate mail and threats via the website.

That is sad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.