Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Officials

Featured Replies

As we near the end of the season what is some of your top officials in each region. NO OFFICIAL BASHING!!!!! Lets talk possitive..:jump:

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit

Edited by spindoc

  • Author

When talking of the 16th Region Officials, Bobby Hall always comes to the top.

He has officiated at the top of both the Girls and the Boys State Tournaments and has done numerous All A tournaments too.:thumb:

Edited by spindoc

10th and 11th has a ton:

 

Bart Lenox

Kirk Hudson

Dustin Music

Royce Blevins

Jack Whitamore

Terri Smith

James McMillin

Staci Music

Don Warner

 

I could name more just can't think of all their names right now. I'm sure some would disagree but i would take any of these any night.

Edited by bioteacher
spelling

10th and 11th has a ton:

 

Bart Lenox

Kirk Hudson

Dustin Music

Royce Blevins

Jack Whitamore

Terri Smith

James McMillin

Staci Music

Don Warner

 

I could name more just can't think of all their names right now. I'm sure some would disagree but i would take any of these any night.

 

I would scratch the 4 in bold from the list without hesitation. The only one I would add is Kevin Walters. I have been extremely disappointed with the BBA this year. They haven't been very consistent in how they call games in my opionion. Once again, I wish they would go out of region for officials for the 11th region tourney.

I would scratch the 4 in bold from the list without hesitation. The only one I would add is Kevin Walters. I have been extremely disappointed with the BBA this year. They haven't been very consistent in how they call games in my opionion. Once again, I wish they would go out of region for officials for the 11th region tourney.

 

I agree with Kevin Walters, he is one i forgot. The officials i have had on this list have been pretty consistent IMO. I know what to expect when they walk into my gym no matter whom we are playing. They call it both ways and control the game from start to finish. I might not always agree with the calls, but again, i know what to expect and I know i will never agree with them all.

I would scratch the 4 in bold from the list without hesitation. The only one I would add is Kevin Walters. I have been extremely disappointed with the BBA this year. They haven't been very consistent in how they call games in my opionion. Once again, I wish they would go out of region for officials for the 11th region tourney.

 

:idunno: I noticed all except Jack that you "scratched" are younger officials in BBA. Is there something to that? I believe all of them do college ball. Dustin and Staci are womens college. Not sure about McMillen but have seen him a few times this year and he has always been pretty solid. Jack has been aorund for a while and i know he is pretty high up in womens college.

Edited by bioteacher

10th Gary Wilson

 

Gary Wilson is definately a good choice and did a great job in the All A Classic this year. :ylsuper:

 

Others in the BBA that is considered top officials would be Cary Lyle, Bart Lenox, Wade Branscum, Kirk Hudson, Just to name a few..:thumb:

I believe Tommy Greer, Brian Yankee, and Kevin Hembree do a great job in the 13th region.

O'Hara in the 9th.

O'Hara in the 9th.

I don't know how many of you know this, but O'Hara not only works 9th Region games, but goes out of region for tournaments etc., to gain broadbased experience.

 

I know that he is a mainstay every year at the Ashland Invitational working alongside 16th Region officials.

 

My hat is off to O'Hara who takes his job as seriously as we do, and continuously strives to get better. :thumb:

 

BBA's Gary Wilson has a great disposition and attitude. He interacts well with the coaches and players and is always in control of any situation he is presented with. :thumb:

I agree Tommy Greer in the 13th. He seems like he really enjoys being there with the kids.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.