Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Officials

Featured Replies

I have been told John is not comming back..He had back surgery last summer and feels he needs to take it easy.

 

John was a GREAT Official and he is missed in the BBA.:thumb:

 

Agreed. I knew he went on hiatus while his daughter was playing; just was wondering if had returned. Thanks for the info.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they typically rank officials. Does anyone have the official list?

 

I know us coaches rank the officials here in the 14th, but as far as a list to show who is where, no one has seen one in 3 years since Tommy Hall has taken over the job. He thinks it's fair to keep it a secret and not let anyone konw how it came out. Says it's not fair to the other officials to show everyone where they all finished when in years past it was all public knowledge and was placed on a board for all of us coaches to see so we know it was done fairly and honestly. And when we all agreed we left and that was the ratings. Well now we don't even have a meeting to rate, he comes around to visit us and gets our sheet from us personally, really don't understand that one. Crazy stuff goes on here in the 14th and we really have some great officials, but they are treated terrible.

IMO O'Hara is the best and most consistent I have seen.

 

Curt Jones also does a nice job.

I know you didn't want us to be negative. I have witnessed several games by Bo Queen. Every game I have seen him call he T's up someone. I'm talking 15 games at least... :idunno:

 

If he would take his conditioning more serious, he probably would have a better chance of being in the right place at the right time.

 

Champ I have watched alot of basketball in the 10th and 11th this year and in years past. I have watched him and alot of the BBA officials call. If more of the officials would call T's, the games would be alot better. I saw Bo call two games in the Lexington Catholic Tournament and he did T up and toss a coach that gave him no choice after his behavior. I was really surprised he allowed a coach to yell at him as long as he did.

 

I saw him referee the game on TV at Lexington Christian and even the anouncers said the kid ran his mouth to him and deserved the T.

 

Like I said if more of the BBA Officials would use the T, the coaches and kids would act alot more shall we say SPORTSMANLIKE!!!!!!!!!:sssh:

 

And as far as his conditioning, Saw him work the Dunbar/Tates Creek Game which was nothing but a run and gun game and not once can I recall him getting beat or out of position to make a call. In fact he looked slimmer than he did at the Catholic Tournament. :idunno:

 

 

I am sure he really don't care what any of us think anyway.

Most good officials don't:ylsuper:

 

:dancingpa

Champ I have watched alot of basketball in the 10th and 11th this year and in years past. I have watched him and alot of the BBA officials call. If more of the officials would call T's, the games would be alot better. I saw Bo call two games in the Lexington Catholic Tournament and he did T up and toss a coach that gave him no choice after his behavior. I was really surprised he allowed a coach to yell at him as long as he did.

 

I saw him referee the game on TV at Lexington Christian and even the anouncers said the kid ran his mouth to him and deserved the T.

 

Like I said if more of the BBA Officials would use the T, the coaches and kids would act alot more shall we say SPORTSMANLIKE!!!!!!!!!:sssh:

 

And as far as his conditioning, Saw him work the Dunbar/Tates Creek Game which was nothing but a run and gun game and not once can I recall him getting beat or out of position to make a call. In fact he looked slimmer than he did at the Catholic Tournament. :idunno:

 

 

I am sure he really don't care what any of us think anyway.

Most good officials don't:ylsuper:

 

:dancingpa

 

I will say this to be fair...I wouldn't have there job. :thumb: Isn't it ironic that he is the ref you saw giving the technical or throwing someone out.

  • Author
I will say this to be fair...I wouldn't have there job. :thumb: Isn't it ironic that he is the ref you saw giving the technical or throwing someone out.

 

Sounds to me like he was just doing what he was suppose to do in the situation. I have talked to MANY Coaches about him and MOST want him in the big games because he is not affraid to make the calls that some guys seem to pass on. They KNOW what they will get with him...A Fair game..:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.