Best teams in 2011

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper it will be GRC/Christian County/ Lexington Catholic as your probably top 3 teams. Eastern will likely be in the Top 5 also and dont count out Trinity even though they lose Sewell they have some very very talented underclassmen.

Christian Co will be tough next year with Hickey and Lewis in the backcourt. They also return Donovan Kates who will be one of the best forwards in the state as a senior.

They'll miss McDuffen and Wilson in the front court though.

Seneca will be good again. They return 6 juniors from this year's team. They return their two leading scorers - Kevin Shaw & Martez Harris. Probably top 10 to 15 team.

Louisville looses ALOT of talented seniors this year. Eastern, Trinity & Seneca are the best next year in the 7th region IMO.

You have got to like Conner, Ryle, & Dixie next year in NKY.

Why Ryle? They lose a lot, except Stauffer and Vollet. Boone will be pretty good again with Montgomery, Brown, Burgess, Crabtree, McQueary, and Stanley and could go 6'9", 6'4", 6'4", and 6'5" with their 4 biggest starters.

Why Ryle? They lose a lot, except Stauffer and Vollet. Boone will be pretty good again with Montgomery, Brown, Burgess, Crabtree, McQueary, and Stanley and could go 6'9", 6'4", 6'4", and 6'5" with their 4 biggest starters.

I really think Boone looses more than Ryle. Gabbard, Popp, Cotton, Earls, Lay. They will be alright, but I think Ryle with Stauffer, Vollet, Perkins, & Stinson will be better.

I really think Boone looses more than Ryle. Gabbard, Popp, Cotton, Earls, Lay. They will be alright, but I think Ryle with Stauffer, Vollet, Perkins, & Stinson will be better.

Didn't Boone's JV also handle Ryle pretty easily Tuesday night. As usual Boone will be underestimated by many next year, but that never phases them, specially the 2011,2012 group. They have won the freshman and JV tournament the past two years in a row and there's no reason to say they won't compete for the district title again next year. I see Conner as the biggest threat with overall talent, and Ryle to compete as they have in the past but coming up short.

Didn't Boone's JV also handle Ryle pretty easily Tuesday night. As usual Boone will be underestimated by many next year, but that never phases them, specially the 2011,2012 group. They have won the freshman and JV tournament the past two years in a row and there's no reason to say they won't compete for the district title again next year. I see Conner as the biggest threat with overall talent, and Ryle to compete as they have in the past but coming up short.

JV scores and records cannot be used to determine how a team's varsity will be the following year. Conner's jv struggles this year alot and they will likely be the top team in Boone County next year because of the amount of varsity experience they return. Boone will be tough as always. Montgomery and Brown are very solid, but how much deeper do they go without throwing in players with little to no varsity experience?