Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys State Rankings 02/02

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BGP thinks Christian is 6th and SV is 14th then I can tell you there is not much separating any of these teams because I watched them go head to head. Should be great regional tournaments and Sweet Sixteen this year.

Didn't Christian County break a long home winning streak at Shelby Valley? Given the distance Christian County had to travel for that game and SV's reputation at home, it was a very impressive win.

If BGP thinks Christian is 6th and SV is 14th then I can tell you there is not much separating any of these teams because I watched them go head to head. Should be great regional tournaments and Sweet Sixteen this year.

 

As multiple people have stated on this site, the only legit game SV has played since Xmas they lost at home.

 

The all A is nice but they never played a top 20 team so you can't expect to get any higher ranking.

I don't agree with Shelby Valley being ranked 14th. I don't think they are a top 5 team but I believe they are in the top 10. I figure a bias against Eastern KY teams though.

I don't agree with Shelby Valley being ranked 14th. I don't think they are a top 5 team but I believe they are in the top 10. I figure a bias against Eastern KY teams though.

 

:lol:

I don't agree with Shelby Valley being ranked 14th. I don't think they are a top 5 team but I believe they are in the top 10. I figure a bias against Eastern KY teams though.

I don't think it "bias", Shelby Valley does not have one win against a top team in the state the entire year. As a matter of fact, they don't even have a quality win in the state of KY. If I'm wrong, name one.

 

Teams have to earn their rankings. I don't think they have earned a top 10 ranking.

You guys are jumping the gun on me because I never said they deserved to be higher. All I said was there is not that much room between 14 and 6. Ive never put much stock in home winning streak because other than the Landon Slone led Painstville teams SV was much more talented than most of those 53 teams.

These rankings are more accurate than anything I've seen in either of the state's two major newspapers.

Trinity is definitely number 1 until someone proves otherwise. I hope they make it to the Sweet 16. I can't wait to see Josh Sewell in action.

These rankings are more accurate than anything I've seen in either of the state's two major newspapers.

Trinity is definitely number 1 until someone proves otherwise. I hope they make it to the Sweet 16. I can't wait to see Josh Sewell in action.

 

They have to get out of their own district first! (Ballard, Trinity, Seneca, Waggener) Ballard beat Trinity and Seneca, so Trinity has to beat Seneca to make it to regionals. They aren't a lock to win the Region either. How many teams in the 7th Region are in the top 20? :isurrender:

They have to get out of their own district first! (Ballard, Trinity, Seneca, Waggener) Ballard beat Trinity and Seneca, so Trinity has to beat Seneca to make it to regionals. They aren't a lock to win the Region either. How many teams in the 7th Region are in the top 20? :isurrender:

 

Trinity beat Seneca on Tuesday.

I guess the question as far as the 27th District is concerned is do they seed or do they draw for District tournament matchups. If they seed then Ballard is the 1 seed by virtue of beating both Trinity and Seneca in the regular season match-ups. Trinity would be the 2 seed and Seneca the 3 seed. Waggener would be the 4th seed. So your district match-ups would be:

 

Ballard vs Waggener

Trinity vs Seneca

 

with the losers not advancing to the regional tournament. So it is possible that Trinity could have have a 26-2 record having won the 3 top tournaments in KY and still not make it out of the District.

 

Trinity is playing the best basketball of any team in the 7th region right now but one slip up in the first round of the district and season is over.

 

The 27th is just one strong district in the 7th region this year.

 

My predictions are as follow with district winner being named first:

 

7th Region

25th- Manual and Male

26th- Moore and Fern Creek

27th- Ballard and Trinity

28th- Eastern and J-town

 

6th Region

21st- PRP and Holy Cross

22nd- Iroquois and DeSales

23rd- Central and Shawnee

24th- Fairdale and Bullitt East

I guess the question as far as the 27th District is concerned is do they seed or do they draw for District tournament matchups. If they seed then Ballard is the 1 seed by virtue of beating both Trinity and Seneca in the regular season match-ups. Trinity would be the 2 seed and Seneca the 3 seed. Waggener would be the 4th seed. So your district match-ups would be:

 

Ballard vs Waggener

Trinity vs Seneca

 

with the losers not advancing to the regional tournament. So it is possible that Trinity could have have a 26-2 record having won the 3 top tournaments in KY and still not make it out of the District.

 

Trinity is playing the best basketball of any team in the 7th region right now but one slip up in the first round of the district and season is over.

 

The 27th is just one strong district in the 7th region this year.

 

My predictions are as follow with district winner being named first:

 

7th Region

25th- Manual and Male

26th- Moore and Fern Creek

27th- Ballard and Trinity

28th- Eastern and J-town

 

6th Region

21st- PRP and Holy Cross

22nd- Iroquois and DeSales

23rd- Central and Shawnee

24th- Fairdale and Bullitt East

 

This is correct and they're playing at Ballard.

The only inaccuracy that jumps out at me with this poll is Clark Co., based on their recent loss to Lexington Catholic. Don't get me wrong, I like their team. I think they are very good and capable of making a run. Maybe this poll came out before they played Lex Cath, but based on that game, Lex cath should move up and Clark should drop down.

The only inaccuracy that jumps out at me with this poll is Clark Co., based on their recent loss to Lexington Catholic. Don't get me wrong, I like their team. I think they are very good and capable of making a run. Maybe this poll came out before they played Lex Cath, but based on that game, Lex cath should move up and Clark should drop down.

This poll was prior to that game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.