Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Oldham Job

Featured Replies

Speaking of Gamskey...did Taylor Sheer go on to play ball anywhere? He was a tough kid too!

 

Wittenbug- and he is a stud there

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After what went on in with the parents and the last coach, I would'nt consider it "winning" the job. Maybe getting "sentenced" to the job might be a better term. :laugh:

 

Do you know what really went on? I'd love to know. Do you know exactly what the parents did to the coach or what the coach did to the parents. I have reserved much comments on this as I, like you I am sure, are only getting ONE side of the story. So to speculate on this is insane. But if you are a coach of the team or an "insider", I would love to hear your side.

 

Otherwise, you really don't know what you are talking about and looks to me like you are trying to damage SO.

 

To each his own I guess.

  • Author

This is not the forum to post about the last coach. I apologize for making reference to the last coaches situation. This thread is about who they are going to hire. Anybody hearing any names.

Anybody hearing anything new?? I'm hearing that there have been quite a few applicants, but not much more...

For some reason, they have to post the job for 30 days. So February 15th the post comes down. Then they start interviewing from there. Is the "30 Day" posting an Oldham county thing or is it a State, public school, thing? Seems to me that several schools move a lot quicker than 30 - 45 days.

  • Author

Coaching jobs don't have to be posted for any length of time. Teaching jobs do, unless superintendent requests a waiver.

Coaching jobs don't have to be posted for any length of time. Teaching jobs do, unless superintendent requests a waiver.

 

That is just what I was told. So since MOST football coaching jobs are also tied to teaching, they all have to leave the jobs posted for 30 days? I wonder why if the coach sent his resignation out before christmas, why they waited until January 15th to post it?

 

I guess I will never understand this arm of the government.

  • Author

I guess in theory, they could hire a coach first or soon after a coach resigns. Then after the teaching job had been posted for 30 days, they could hire the coach as a teacher. Maybe that makes too much sense.

Did the parents at South Hire an outside agency to conduct interviews?

I guess in theory, they could hire a coach first or soon after a coach resigns. Then after the teaching job had been posted for 30 days, they could hire the coach as a teacher. Maybe that makes too much sense.

 

I would submit that the applicant must match the teaching openings on the school also. If the top 3 applicants are all math teachers but there aren't openings for teaching, then it can be a problem. Maybe the school system was waiting to see what teacher openings will come open in 2010. Just a thought-it is tough to mix and match certifications.

  • Author

I heard the parents were going to pitch in money to get Mike Leach hired as long as he did not lock any kids in a dark broom closet.

Sounds like this one is attracting an awful lot of applicants...

I heard the parents were going to pitch in money to get Mike Leach hired as long as he did not lock any kids in a dark broom closet.

:idunno: :rolleyes:

Must be miserable to have to live life with that big a chip on one's shoulder

The story I'm hearing is that they have over 40 applicants for the job, including some from out of state. Appropriately, there hasn't been any discussion of names, but they certainly have a lot to choose from!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.