Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Border Bowl snuffs

Featured Replies

I don't understand why Lucas Witt was not selected for this game. He was an excellent QB on one of the best teams in the state. LCA could have won the state title at multiple levels. I believe with him and Moses splitting time this game would have ended up different. Ky had no offensive rhythm except for the one drive by Moses.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Lucas Witt was not selected for this game. He was an excellent QB on one of the best teams in the state. LCA could have won the state title at multiple levels. I believe with him and Moses splitting time this game would have ended up different. Ky had no offensive rhythm except for the one drive by Moses.

 

You can get on here for days and express why so and so was not on the team, but the fact is KY played with the players that was chosen by the committee. Now, the question is, did the coaching staff use the ability of the players on the team to win this game. I know there were some great running backs on the team but the coaches chose to throw the ball about 80% of the time from the shotgun and the center snap was either too low or over the head of the QB. A 4-3 defense was required of both teams with no blitz allowed. Why not take your running game and just run it down their throats?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Tennessee out coached Kentucky. Plan and simple. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see that.:idunno:

There are a multitude of players that you could say would have done a great job playing in this game, and they probably would have. But, for Whitt, I would say it came down to baseball, he may not have played if offered due to his baseball future.

No Disagreement here - I had the opportunity to watch this game and see a bunch of great Kentucky talent play and some great Kentucky HS players play a lot less. I understand the point and though about Lucas Witt not playing - In reality, Kurt Warner could have played QB but had the same results with the play calling. I can only hope that the KY coaches thought process was to showcase those kids who did not have commitments from larger schools. This was a great event and opportunity for some stellar athletes to get additional looks but IMO, there were several great players like Rees and others who did not get any help or benefit from the coaches play selection..

I may have missed it, but how are the coaches picked for this game?

I may have missed it, but how are the coaches picked for this game?[/QUOTe]

Good question. They are not voted on by other coaches though.

Edited by Birdsfan

I may have missed it, but how are the coaches picked for this game?

 

I was wondering about this too when I saw the coaching staff for the game. Does anyone know the answer?

Who were the coaches for this years team? I did not get a cgance to see the game.

I may have missed it, but how are the coaches picked for this game?

 

I have know idea.

 

Coaches were:

 

Bruce Kozerski Covington Holy Cross Head Coach for Border Bowl

Tom Greer Bell County

Dudley Hilton Bell County

Jerry Herron Williamsburg HS

Mark Peach Anderson County HS

Russell Rigdon Bryan Station

Laryy French Boyle County

Paul McKee Conner HS

Dave Guidugli Highlands (this struck me because as a Highlands fan, I had no idea that he coached at Highlands :idunno:):lol:

Dave Trosper Conner HS

Felix Moore Covington Holy Cross

 

These are the coaches as they were listed in the program.

Did Rees touch the ball?

I enjoyed the Border Bowl. Great experience.

Witt's coach had to nominate him before he could make the team.

Witt's coach had to nominate him before he could make the team.

 

He chose not to be nominated because of baseball.

He chose not to be nominated because of baseball.

 

Thanks for clearing that up. No reason for Witt to play in this game. He is going to college to play baseball so this game for him is just a risk of getting hurt. He walked off the field in his last game with a state championship trophy and that is great way to leave the field.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.