Scott High School getting turf???

oldjarhead

Sk has a different field surface than anyone in NKY besides maybe Ryle. Not very many places in the state have it. IMO I think Scott should have to prove they are worthy of a nice facility first.

What kind of comment is that??:confused::confused: SK has one good year and you would think they had won 10 State Championships or something..:puke::puke:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sk has a different field surface than anyone in NKY besides maybe Ryle. Not very many places in the state have it. IMO I think Scott should have to prove they are worthy of a nice facility first.

I would assume it's the same type of surface that Dixie had installed and by the lowest bidder. I can't see Kenton County Board of Education allowing one school to have a much nicer facility and more super duper surface than the other two high schools. As far as the statement, "IMO I think Scott should have to prove they are worthy of a nice facility first." Have you ever played on that pool table for a field? Dixie had one of the worst fields FOR YEARS. When Scott was first built I believe the athletic facilities were first rate at that time. Of course over the years the droughts and higher costs of maintaining a natural surface took it's toll on the multi-use stadium. I think it's great that all three KC high schools will eventually have new fields.

Heard on Wednesday that construction on Scotts new turf was halted due to lack of funds. has anyone else heard this?

Yes. Not sure when construction will resume but as of now, there is no money. I feel bad for these kids especially the seniors who may never get a chance to play at the new stadium.

Yes. Not sure when construction will resume but as of now, there is no money. I feel bad for these kids especially the seniors who may never get a chance to play at the new stadium.

So how do they start a project like this without enough funding to finish? I'm sure the BOE knew what to expect from revenue projections in this economy as well as projected project costs, so how does this happen?

Is the old field still there, or has it been removed completely?

So how do they start a project like this without enough funding to finish? I'm sure the BOE knew what to expect from revenue projections in this economy as well as projected project costs, so how does this happen?

The stands were demolished shortly after the season.

I don't see how this could be the case, I'm sure it's the same company that's completing SK's renovation, how could the board not have money?

I was wondering the exact same thing. How in the world could they start a project without securing the funds? The old field is ripped up and gone. The players were notified today that construction has stopped and they do not know when it will resume again. They were told they may have to play all their games on the road if they couldn't secure another high school field to host Scott's home games. Scott seems to be the red headed stepchild of the Kenton County School District. Its no wonder they struggle to compete in football. They aren't competing on an equal playing field with Dixie and SK.

I was wondering the exact same thing. How in the world could they start a project without securing the funds? The old field is ripped up and gone. The players were notified today that construction has stopped and they do not know when it will resume again. They were told they may have to play all their games on the road if they couldn't secure another high school field to host Scott's home games. Scott seems to be the red headed stepchild of the Kenton County School District. Its no wonder they struggle to compete in football. They aren't competing on an equal playing field with Dixie and SK.

Hold on here. For years after Scott was built their sports facilities were the "gem" of Kenton County Schools. Heck, Scott has the only pool in the district. SK and Dixie had the oldest sports facilities. Dixie's football field was a mudhole and unlike the other two schools, didn't have an on campus baseball field. One might say the condition of that football field could have cost them a state championship a few years ago. Scott High School is NOT the red-headed stepchild of KC. Just maybe it's something else other than a football field that caused Scott to be mediocre in football. The Eagles seem to do well in just about every other sport.

Hold on here. For years after Scott was built their sports facilities were the "gem" of Kenton County Schools. Heck, Scott has the only pool in the district. SK and Dixie had the oldest sports facilities. Dixie's football field was a mudhole and unlike the other two schools, didn't have an on campus baseball field. One might say the condition of that football field could have cost them a state championship a few years ago. Scott High School is NOT the red-headed stepchild of KC. Just maybe it's something else other than a football field that caused Scott to be mediocre in football. The Eagles seem to do well in just about every other sport.

But this is a football thread therefore we are talking about football. I said they struggle to compete in Football, not any other sports. Scott's football field wasn't even as nice as Twenhofel's football field let alone the other two high schools in the district. Scott's football facilities are way behind Dixie and SK's. Have been for years now.

What about all the thinks being done at S.K. Are they being stopped also??? I would hate to think Scott can't have a field but S.K. can have a new indoor practice field. New beachers, news practice field for the band, new weight room, new softball field, two new gyms?????

But this is a football thread therefore we are talking about football. I said they struggle to compete in Football, not any other sports. Scott's football field wasn't even as nice as Twenhofel's football field let alone the other two high schools in the district. Scott's football facilities are way behind Dixie and SK's. Have been for years now.

And I'm saying that when Scott was built, their football field was in better shape than the other two KC schools. Dixie got an upgrade first (older school), then Simon Kenton (older school), and now Scott (newest KC school). I'm all for Scott getting turf and I hope there is something that maybe we can do to help that situation. It just looks to me that KC Board of Ed upgraded fields based on age of facility. Again I will say just maybe it's something else other than a field that has caused Scott to be mediocre in football. I know the athletes are there.

What about all the thinks being done at S.K. Are they being stopped also??? I would hate to think Scott can't have a field but S.K. can have a new indoor practice field. New beachers, news practice field for the band, new weight room, new softball field, two new gyms?????

I agree with this. Scott's field should take precedence over any other athletic capital spending project in Kenton County.