Scott High School getting turf???

oldjarhead

And I'm saying that when Scott was built, their football field was in better shape than the other two KC schools. Dixie got an upgrade first (older school), then Simon Kenton (older school), and now Scott (newest KC school). I'm all for Scott getting turf and I hope there is something that maybe we can do to help that situation. It just looks to me that KC Board of Ed upgraded fields based on age of facility. Again I will say just maybe it's something else other than a field that has caused Scott to be mediocre in football. I know the athletes are there.

So you are saying that the other two schools in the district that have a better football facility than Scotts do not have an advantage? Its no knock on Dixie and/or SK. Great for those schools. I would feel the same way if Scotts field was updated and their's were not. But if you don't think Scotts stadium, locker and weight room put's them at a disadvantage, then you are kidding yourself.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying that the other two schools in the district that have a better football facility than Scotts do not have an advantage? Its no knock on Dixie and/or SK. Great for those schools. I would feel the same way if Scotts field was updated and their's were not. But if you don't think Scotts stadium, locker and weight room put's them at a disadvantage, then you are kidding yourself.

I'll agree with you that at this moment and time Dixie and SK's upgrades are better than what Scott has. Now it is Scott's turn to receive a stadium upgrade and unfortunately from what is reported on here, looks like the rehab may be suspended for a while. I also gree with VOR that Scott's field should take precedence over any other athletic capital spending project in Kenton County. And as far as Dixie and SK having an advantage in football because of field upgrades, I'm not quite sure about Dixie. To be honest, I really did not see any better football after turf and new stadium than before turf and new stadium.

Sk has a different field surface than anyone in NKY besides maybe Ryle. Not very many places in the state have it. IMO I think Scott should have to prove they are worthy of a nice facility first.

The kids deserve to have a nice facility whether they are state champions or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know the middle school had to cancel their scrimmage event they had planned on hosting because they were told things would not be ready. I havent been up there in a while, but last time I was the field part was taking shape. I believe its the other building projects that are on a delay.