Kentucky 76 Georgia 68

Hangman

Wall can go one on four against Hartford and Miami and make things happen. Can't do that every time in the SEC.

Cousins can bull through a double team against Sam Houston and Cleveland State and score. Can't do that every time in the SEC.

I think today was the inconsistent 3-point shooting Jerry Tipton alluded to earlier this week in the "anti-UK" story.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wall can go one on four against Hartford and Miami and make things happen. Can't do that every time in the SEC.

Cousins can bull through a double team against Sam Houston and Cleveland State and score. Can't do that every time in the SEC.

I think today was the inconsistent 3-point shooting Jerry Tipton alluded to earlier this week in the "anti-UK" story.

Off of one game? I thought Wall and Cousins both had their moments where they were on their game.

A couple posts have eluded as to why this game was so tough, the SEC. This is how its going to be the rest of the way. Tough hard fought games, many without the national hype or exposure of the UNC, UConn, and Uof L game and the media frenzy which accompanies each game. Although many of the SEC games will have TV coverage you have to figure in the rigors the SEC schedule which includes travel and 9:30 games against teams its going to be hard to get up for. Combine that with the fact these freshmen have never had to go through that with the fact they are teenagers and life is not always perfect, they are going to get tested physically, emotionally, and mentally. They are still not as good as they are going to be in March and this schedule along with Cals outstanding leadership will make them tougher in all of those categories. Lets not get too tore up if they drop a few games along the way.