January 4, 201016 yr Cousins is nothing more than another one in the long line of thugs to play for Calipari. C'mon man, I love Cousins. He might seem like some kind of thug, but I think he is the baddest guy in college basketball. I think you need someone like him on the block. When he's motivated he is tough to handle, and I think Cal is able to get that out of him when UK needs it. IMO, over the course of the season you need a bad guy in the middle to do the dirty work defensively. Definitely not the stuff he did with his elbow though. That was obviously a poor decision IMO.:thumb:
January 4, 201016 yr Author Cousins is like Pete Rose and Ricky Henderson. If he's on your team you love him, if he's on the opposing team you hate him.
January 4, 201016 yr Cousins is like Pete Rose and Ricky Henderson. If he's on your team you love him, if he's on the opposing team you hate him. True enough...:lol: I like him, but probably wouldn't if he played anywhere but UK. But, I don't like the inability to control his emotions and hope he improves dramatically in that area.
January 4, 201016 yr Hmmmm....I thought I made that up. It was my facebook status 3 mins into the game Saturday. :(
January 4, 201016 yr Cousins is nothing more than another one in the long line of thugs to play for Calipari. Guess that is why it says "In KENTUCKY, we love our COUSINS". :lol:
January 4, 201016 yr I thought Cousins would be back in blue next year till Saturday. Now I think he is also going to be one and done. He looked like a man among boys.
January 5, 201016 yr I think Demarcus Cousins will be a top 5 NBA draft pick next year. Honestly, at this point, it could be John Wall #1 and Cousins #2. Favors will be up there, too.
January 5, 201016 yr I think Demarcus Cousins will be a top 5 NBA draft pick next year. Honestly, at this point, it could be John Wall #1 and Cousins #2. Favors will be up there, too. That's what I said a while back. NBA drafting is all about potential and you'll be hard pressed to show me two guys in college hoops with more upside than Wall and Cousins. Whether Cousins could use another year in college to mature and refine his game to be more ready for the NBA is irrelevant...its probably true that he could...but his potential is really all that matters regarding the draft. And, his potential is undeniable. After I saw them play, I've never once seriously entertained the thought that he or Wall might stay more than one season. A lot of the mock drafts I looked at then had Wall going #1 and Cousins anywhere from 23-30, with Patterson in the lotto. I said there's no way an NBA team picks PP ahead of Cousins next Spring. Cousins may not go #2, but I'll be very surprised if he isn't top 5.
January 5, 201016 yr I would draft Wall number one in a second. Cousins good luck taking him. I cant imagine how big a job of baby sitting him it would be in the NBA. However, like earlier post you draft on potential and he has a ton of it.
January 5, 201016 yr Cousins is nothing more than another one in the long line of thugs to play for Calipari. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
January 5, 201016 yr Cousins reminds me of a more naturally skilled Zach Randolph. I think he could be a fringe all-star in the NBA on an annual basis.
January 5, 201016 yr I'm sorry I won't defend the UL player in the exchange, but I have seen nothing but childish/thugish behavior from Cousins this season. It has nothing to do with jealousy him and Patterson will be gone after this year and UK has not signed a big man yet for next year, so that will be a huge hole. He is a great at basketball, but he isn't a great basketball player because he lets his attitude get in the way too much right now. 15-0 is completely legit and I won't question that. I'm not hating on UK a team as much as Cousin's he is a straight up thug plain and simple. Him and the UL guy should have been gone from the replay. Powe also plays football so that is irrelevant to this conversation NHS, and for the record he can read he just "don't read to good." as his mother said. I can't defend that one at all, but the guy didn't give up and worked for 3 years to become eligible so I can't question his desire. But if you guys want to call me a hater and bring up football in a basketball conversation, I must ask when is the last time you beat Tennessee again? So you are a UT fan calling Cousins a thug with 4 of your teams players arrested? Am I understanding this correctly?
January 5, 201016 yr So you are a UT fan calling Cousins a thug with 4 of your teams players arrested? Am I understanding this correctly? No.. He's an Ole Miss fan.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.