Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Coaching Situation

Featured Replies

Well your opinion is based on something isn't it? Do you not feel that Coach Brooks's staff has contributed in anyway to the success that the program has had during his tenure?

 

OK, I changed my mind. I say keep them all as planned. I'm not sold on Joker as a head coach at th is level, but we'll need some good discussion board fodder next season, anyways.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People were very excited about Joker Phillips a couple of years ago, when he signed the deal to be the Head Coach in Waiting... This is not a race thing and shouldn't be made as such... There are just a lot of people who are no longer confident he can keep the program on the rise. Hopefully he proves people wrong.

 

I agree. I've been to almost every UK home game this season and last and people have really changed their tune with Joker. You hear a lot more negativity in the stands towards him and none towards Brooks. I think UK may have prematurely promoted Joker and I feel kinda bad for Brooks because I honestly feel he is being forced out quietly by a select few in power. If the offense is struggling people are slamming Joker, not Brooks. If UK wins Brooks accomplished this. I have mixed feelings on Joker becoming HC next year but I don't think it is race related at all with people. It is about production and the offense has not been too nice the last 2 years. The staple HC in waiting may have been too forward for some UK fans because everytime he is interviewed by the media he is Joker Phillips, Head Coach of the Offense or Head Coach in Waiting. It puts a sour taste in my mouth everytime I see it because I feel he gets more credit than any other OC for doing less. His coming out party was his interim term a few years ago against Tennessee at home when we went downfield played a great game and almost won the game. The straw that broke the camels back and made people lose faith in him was also against Tennessee this year.

I'd like to see a different OC brought in. I don't know if Sanders is the guy to call the offense. I think one of their best choices as OC just took the Murray State job (Hatcher). I realize that a freshman quarterback hamstrings just how much of the playbook Joker could use, but at the same time, there's nothing wrong with airing it out some. This offense has a very bad identity issue right now. Are they a run team with Lcoke? A Wildcat team with Cobb? A run/pass team with Newton? What about Hartline?

I say you are way off base. Either you can get the job done or not. With Joker's play calling lately, people have lost confidence in him. Simple as that IMO.

 

 

I respectfully disagree, and use the way Tubby was treated as proof.

I'd like to see a different OC brought in. I don't know if Sanders is the guy to call the offense. I think one of their best choices as OC just took the Murray State job (Hatcher). I realize that a freshman quarterback hamstrings just how much of the playbook Joker could use, but at the same time, there's nothing wrong with airing it out some. This offense has a very bad identity issue right now. Are they a run team with Lcoke? A Wildcat team with Cobb? A run/pass team with Newton? What about Hartline?

 

I will definitely be interested to see who gets the start at QB next season... And how long of a leash they are given before getting pulled in favor of the other...

It's not a race thing at all... fans just hated the play calling from Joker all season.

 

I think it would be best for Joker to take over now.

I hate the fact that any time people critize Joker Phillips for anything, they are going to be painted as a racist... He's not above criticism, and may not be the right man for the job... He may be great, though. We'll just have to wait and see. I can't say that I'm totally confident, but hope to be proven wrong.

 

As long as he keeps bringing in the right kind of players and winning games, I will be happy.

I hate the fact that any time people critize Joker Phillips for anything, they are going to be painted as a racist... He's not above criticism, and may not be the right man for the job... He may be great, though. We'll just have to wait and see. I can't say that I'm totally confident, but hope to be proven wrong.

 

As long as he keeps bringing in the right kind of players and winning games, I will be happy.

 

:thumb:

 

There have been many UK fans say that Strong is a great hire for UL.

:thumb:

 

There have been many UK fans say that Strong is a great hire for UL.

 

Maybe I am naive and living in a cave somewhere, but it does not even register to me that these guys are African American until someone else brings it up. To me, they are just coaches like any other and I will treat them as I would anyone else.

Maybe I am naive and living in a cave somewhere, but it does not even register to me that these guys are African American until someone else brings it up. To me, they are just coaches like any other and I will treat them as I would anyone else.

 

I agree. UK fans will criticize any coach, no matter what his race is :lol:

:thumb:

 

There have been many UK fans say that Strong is a great hire for UL.

 

 

And he's not coaching their favorite team is he?

Maybe I am naive and living in a cave somewhere, but it does not even register to me that these guys are African American until someone else brings it up. To me, they are just coaches like any other and I will treat them as I would anyone else.

 

 

Right. :rolleyes:

I hate the fact that any time people critize Joker Phillips for anything, they are going to be painted as a racist... He's not above criticism, and may not be the right man for the job... He may be great, though. We'll just have to wait and see. I can't say that I'm totally confident, but hope to be proven wrong.

 

As long as he keeps bringing in the right kind of players and winning games, I will be happy.

 

 

 

I'm not saying that at all, but for people to write him off before he has even coached one game, then there is a problem.

And he's not coaching their favorite team is he?

 

I'm beginning to think this is "your" issue. Let it go man. :idunno:

Right. :rolleyes:

 

So you're saying that's not the way I think?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.