Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good is Kentucky?

Featured Replies

Syracuse looks very very good to me. I'm more worried about them than any other team right now.

I think its more wide open in college bball than its been in a while. Last year UNC was obviously the best team. This year Texas, Kansas, UK, Syracuse, and Villanova are very good. Then you got teams like Mich St, UNC, Duke, Wisconsin, etc who all have a lot of potential. This should make for an exciting March!

UK can beat anyone in the country. They are a bad match-up for just about anyone. They have 3 good big men they can put in, and not many teams can run with them with Beledsoe and Wall are in there together. On the same token, they are still learning to work together, and sometimes they think they are still in high school and get a little out of control. Talent-wise, I think they are hands down the best in the country, but the experience that Texas and Kansas has can out weigh the talent (not that they aren't).

I don't think Michigan State is very good....right now I think that Texas and Kansas are better than UK.....but not by much...that said, I think Duke would be a great matchup for UK.

 

I think you are about right. Duke must have played awfully well tonight. Syracuse isn't far off the pace either. While I don't like Duke, it is fun to see UK and Duke back in the upper group as legit contenders. Texas may be the legit #1 team right now with Kansas and UK just behind them.

The only thing I don't like about this team right now is that they don't finish a team off when they are down. I don't see the "killer" mentality right now. They will often play down a few levels to an inferior team and let them hang around. With that said, they play up against the upper echelon teams like UNC and UConn. They play to their opponents skill level and they need to play to their own. With that said, I can't complain too much. We are 11-0 and after all and ranked #3 in the country...

I think Syracuse has proven to be as good as anyone. After today's game, I would put Texas in the same category. Kansas has to be mentioned too, though they've not really been tested. But they have loads of talent & experience.

 

UK is a top five team, but I would put Syracuse, Texas, & Kansas ahead of them.

I watched both Kansas and Texas play today and my rankings would be Texas as number one (they are a very talented team) then Kentucky and Kansas third or maybe even Syracuse third they are a tough bunch of boys too.

Wasn't it Al McGuire who said "The best thing about a Freshman, is next year he'll be a Sophomore"?? Granted that was another time??

 

Point being--This UK team can be special, or lose one of those head scratchers come tourney-time?? If they can learn to play some half-court offense, and play within the system; they can play with anyone, and maybe above anyone. When teams run with them, they're (the opponent) toast so far; when they slow it down a little, they (UK) seem to struggle sometimes looking for an offensive identity outside of Wall?

 

Nothing unusual for a freshmen dominated club in December, with a new coach and a new system?? If they come together and buy into Cal's system, the sky's the limit!! :thumb:

Texas is a legit #1 for me. Kansas and UK are a close #2 and #3. We haven't really seen what Kansas can do because of the cupcake schedule that they are playing. UK has already proven that they can win big games. Hopefully they continue to do that throughout the year. Texas beat Carolina last night, but the score is much closer than it indicates. The top 3 is very legit. What a great year of college basketball thus far.

 

Does Texas play Michigan State this week? I could look it up but I'm lazy. :D

I watched both Kansas and Texas play today and my rankings would be Texas as number one (they are a very talented team) then Kentucky and Kansas third or maybe even Syracuse third they are a tough bunch of boys too.

 

I agree with the whole post. Syracuse is definitely a tough team who just finds a way to win. :thumb:

I would take UK over Kansas if they were playing because I like the matchup. I would very possible take Duke over UK if they were to play right now because of their 3 pt shooting ability but I think UK is the better all around team . I think Texas and UK would be a nail biter, matchup is great. Michigan St is up there but not as good as the rest because they seem to be a one player team. Syracuse could very well beat any team I've names thus far or after but could very well be beat also any given night. UNC has potential but imo just doesn't have what it takes to be a major contender.

I think these teams are very well matched and will make a great March but if I was picking a team I would take UK as of now, not because I am a die hard fan but because I feel they have the most potential for improvement. No way UK has come close to peaking right now, not playing together fully and are still winning big games. I think this is what hurts Syracuse, they may be playing to good to early.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.