Western Carolina 91 Louisville 83

sportanalyst$

The question has to be asked. Did the off-season scandels hurts this team? I admit, I didn't think they would. But the team is playing with no urgency or coherency. Just plain bad.

Free falling, is correct.

I think so. Louisville got a lot of publicity this off season, and none of it was good publicity. Pitino had his big incident and left some wondering if he would even be back to coach the team. Then you get things like the Smith/Jennings incident in which goes un punished, and what you have is a team that has lost all control. If the coach is under so much scrutiny, and if two of the team leaders get arrested and not thoroughly punished, you think the rest of the team was going to be worried about getting in trouble? I think it helped lose this team a lot of discipline, and when trying to win with young players, discipline is everything.

Recruiting can also be the blame, but more just like last years class alone, or the class before to an extent. Pitino added a few nice players in this class, but they are guys who will more than likely be around for all four years and have a lot of room to improve. Then last season, you don't get much elite was to go along with Samuels. So when you lose two lotto picks and don't have any NBA type talents coming in, then it is going to cause you to lose a lot of overall quality depth.

I think so. Louisville got a lot of publicity this off season, and none of it was good publicity. Pitino had his big incident and left some wondering if he would even be back to coach the team. Then you get things like the Smith/Jennings incident in which goes un punished, and what you have is a team that has lost all control. If the coach is under so much scrutiny, and if two of the team leaders get arrested and not thoroughly punished, you think the rest of the team was going to be worried about getting in trouble? I think it helped lose this team a lot of discipline, and when trying to win with young players, discipline is everything.

Recruiting can also be the blame, but more just like last years class alone, or the class before to an extent. Pitino added a few nice players in this class, but they are guys who will more than likely be around for all four years and have a lot of room to improve. Then last season, you don't get much elite was to go along with Samuels. So when you lose two lotto picks and don't have any NBA type talents coming in, then it is going to cause you to lose a lot of overall quality depth.

This last class was a top 20 class. Just no NBA type, I agree. But you figured Samuels and Jennings would be a lot better as soph's. They aren't.:idunno:

Not sure if Samuels is pouting or what, but shows very little effort.

There was a play late in the game and UL was overplaying and still within reach and Jerry Smith got run into a screen and Samuels didnt even move to help and was hugging the 5-man at the elbow and the guy scored and got fouled by Smith for a 3-point play.

Smith started jawing at him.

Still early for and we will see a different team I think once they get to the break.

The little guard Waginger for WCU was impressive...handled the ball well and was scrappy.

The big kid swished a 3, then they didnt fix the net and they got a steam and he hit a long three to untangle the net.

WCU looked solid.

I believe he played with Dennis Gagai (NKU) in HS.

Their post play is just not very good.

I have never been as high on Samuels as many have, because he is not that good of an athlete , below the rim player and he doesnt seem to have a high motor. His body language is awful right now. He did not bring any effort to the glass and that hurt them.

Siva, Smith, Sosa, and Knowles is a pretty solid guard combination, but the conglomerate of Samuels, Swopshire, Jennings, and Buckles is not.

Pitino alluded to recruiting as being an issue, and said he needss to rebuild the program...I think that slaps in the face of his post players.

They are relatively young in spots...

I think they will rebound, tough to judge Pitino teams in December.

Not sure if Samuels is pouting or what, but shows very little effort.

There was a play late in the game and UL was overplaying and still within reach and Jerry Smith got run into a screen and Samuels didnt even move to help and was hugging the 5-man at the elbow and the guy scored and got fouled by Smith for a 3-point play.

Smith started jawing at him.

Still early for and we will see a different team I think once they get to the break.

The little guard Waginger for WCU was impressive...handled the ball well and was scrappy.

The big kid swished a 3, then they didnt fix the net and they got a steam and he hit a long three to untangle the net.

WCU looked solid.

Good posts. :thumb:

I was just going to say they played like crap! :lol:

Western will make them look silly if they continue to play this way...could be a LONG year for the Cards, at least it's still early!

A couple more non-conference losses and the Cards are NIT bound. You know UK is a loss as well as several in the Big East.

A couple more non-conference losses and the Cards are NIT bound. You know UK is a loss as well as several in the Big East.

No way....There are no automatic wins in sports.

UL doesn't have a bad team, they just aren't playing well right now. The UL/UK game is a big rivalry. UK should beat the Cards by 20 + points but you never know what will happen.