Western Carolina 91 Louisville 83

sportanalyst$

Louisville loses to a now 10-1 Western Carolina squad. Have not seen Louisville play this bad in a long time. I know injuries can be to blame, but I am very disappointed in Samardo Samuels assertive play. I have never seen someone play so lazy as he does. I hope the Cards can get it back in the win column Wednesday against Oral Roberts.

UofL is in serious trouble. They are a terrible team right now. Charlotte and Western Carolina at home, seriously?

Western Carolina is picked to win their conference and are now 10-1 on the season. But they had no business beating UofL in Freedom Hall. Injuries aside (by the way, all three guards played).

I knew this could be a challenging year, losing two lotto picks, but I figured they had enough in the cupboard to at least bea tournament team again this year. UofL will be lucky to make the NIT this year, starting to wonder in the off-season distractions have cost Pitino and the Cards...

Man, I didn't expect this this year.

So Siva and Smith played?

Smith played and didn't score, Siva played well. They just got whipped, no excuses. UofL got beat. Sure those guys were a little out of sync, but that's still not an excuse.

Siva has to start. I'd movie Sosa to the 2, he thinks shoot first and is shooting well. Smith isn't himself, he hasn't been all year. I think the achilles is realy hurting his game.

I think Pitino has to start Siva, Sosa, Knowles, Samuels and Jennings to have any chance to do anything this year. Bring Smith, Buckles, Swop and Delk off the bench. 9 man rotation...

The best part, they have Oral Roberts and WKU up next who are both far better than WCU.

Their post play is just not very good.

I have never been as high on Samuels as many have, because he is not that good of an athlete , below the rim player and he doesnt seem to have a high motor. His body language is awful right now. He did not bring any effort to the glass and that hurt them.

Siva, Smith, Sosa, and Knowles is a pretty solid guard combination, but the conglomerate of Samuels, Swopshire, Jennings, and Buckles is not.

Pitino alluded to recruiting as being an issue, and said he needss to rebuild the program...I think that slaps in the face of his post players.

They are relatively young in spots...

I think they will rebound, tough to judge Pitino teams in December.

Their post play is just not very good.

I have never been as high on Samuels as many have, because he is not that good of an , below the rim player and he doesnt seem to have a high motor. His body language is awful right now. He did not bring any effort to the glass and that hurt them.

Siva, Smith, Sosa, and Knowles is a pretty solid guard combination, but the conglomerate of Samuels, Swopshire, Jennings, and Buckles is not.

Pitino alluded to recruiting as being an issue, and said he needss to rebuild the program...I think that slaps in the face of his post players.

They are relatively young in spots...

I think they will rebound, tough to judge Pitino teams in December.

LABS, you're spot on. I usually don't judge them early. They always lose to mid-majors and lesser opponents early on. But this team simply is hurting in the post. The guards aren't the problem. Something is off with Samuels, you are correct about his body language. Those four should be doing more down low than they are though....

Not sure if Samuels is pouting or what, but shows very little effort.

There was a play late in the game and UL was overplaying and still within reach and Jerry Smith got run into a screen and Samuels didnt even move to help and was hugging the 5-man at the elbow and the guy scored and got fouled by Smith for a 3-point play.

Smith started jawing at him.

Still early for and we will see a different team I think once they get to the break.

The little guard Waginger for WCU was impressive...handled the ball well and was scrappy.

The big kid swished a 3, then they didnt fix the net and they got a steam and he hit a long three to untangle the net.

WCU looked solid.

Not sure if Samuels is pouting or what, but shows very little effort.

There was a play late in the game and UL was overplaying and still within reach and Jerry Smith got run into a screen and Samuels didnt even move to help and was hugging the 5-man at the elbow and the guy scored and got fouled by Smith for a 3-point play.

Smith started jawing at him.

Still early for and we will see a different team I think once they get to the break.

The little guard Waginger for WCU was impressive...handled the ball well and was scrappy.

The big kid swished a 3, then they didnt fix the net and they got a steam and he hit a long three to untangle the net.

WCU looked solid.

I know the play your talking about, Samuels didn't communicate or switch on the screen. Big point in the game, down only 3 with little time left too. Smith had to foul to make up for it.

It was a 3pt game, the kid hits a three, Siva asked the ref to fix the net, as he does so the ball is inbounded without Siva looking. WCU steals it and drains another 3. Game goes from 3 to 9 in 15 seconds.