Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did anyone lose because of this?

Featured Replies

Quote of the Week II

"I'd like to apologize to all the fantasy football players out there. Sorry for taking the knee.''

-- Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew, on his heady, once-in-a-career play, taking a knee at the 1 in the final minute of the Jags' win over the Jets, so Jacksonville could run down the clock and kick a field goal to win without giving New York another possession.

 

 

 

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/11/15/mmqb/4.html#ixzz0X2bCsFMP

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It reminds me of when Brian Westbrook pulled the same move. I know this caused a lot of outrage in fantasy owners.

I tied my opponent 73-73 because of this. I have MJD on my team.

^ In thinking about it, I believe the tiebreaker is awarded to total of points on the bench. I believe I had 4 guys with bye weeks, my opponents had 0 guy with bye weeks. So yes, I guess I will lose because of this. What a punk.

That's an awfully big chance to take. What if they had missed the FG?

That's an awfully big chance to take. What if they had missed the FG?

 

I didn't actually see the game, so I'm not sure how much time was on the clock when he made this move. But, IMO, I say take the points when you can get them. Like you said, you never know what could have happened. Blocked FG, missed FG...etc.

It reminds me of when Brian Westbrook pulled the same move. I know this caused a lot of outrage in fantasy owners.

 

Big difference is that Westbrook's team was ahead when he did it, not the case thit time. Boneheaded move, imo, anything can happen on a FG attempt, no matter how short. Just ask the Bengals.

Message to those who are so wrapped up in fantasy sports that they hardly know which end is up. Real life comes first.

I sure hope it doesn't cost me a win... :irked:

That's an awfully big chance to take. What if they had missed the FG?

 

Wow really?

 

The odds of missing a 20 yard field goal is way lower than the odds that the Jets go down the field and score to win.

Big difference is that Westbrook's team was ahead when he did it, not the case thit time. Boneheaded move, imo, anything can happen on a FG attempt, no matter how short. Just ask the Bengals.

 

Not a bonehead move at all. There is a reason the Jets were trying to let them score. It was extremely smart IMO.

Wow really?

 

The odds of missing a 20 yard field goal is way lower than the odds that the Jets go down the field and score to win.

 

 

So exactly what were the odds that the rookie QB was going to lead his team on a winning TD drive in the last minute of the game?

So exactly what were the odds that the rookie QB was going to lead his team on a winning TD drive in the last minute of the game?

 

There were two minutes left, big difference.

 

Those odds are WAY higher than a team missing an extra point.

There were two minutes left, big difference.

 

Those odds are WAY higher than a team missing an extra point.

 

 

You didn't answer my question. What are the odds a rookie QB, who had already thrown 2 picks on the day, is going to lead his team to a game winning TD in the last 2 minutes? The Bengals might disagree with you.

You didn't answer my question. What are the odds a rookie QB, who had already thrown 2 picks on the day, is going to lead his team to a game winning TD in the last 2 minutes? The Bengals might disagree with you.

 

Braylon Edwards and Jericho Cotchery both have the ability to make big plays in that situation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.