Yet another Best Burger Thread

kyfootballfan32

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going to 5 guys for the first time tomorrow, we will see. :lol:

I'm not a fan of Five Guys Burgers...definitely not a good burger in my opinion.

My favorite burger joint in the NKY is Bard's Burgers...fairly good priced...burger is spiced really nicely...very juicy and massive. If you are brave enough, you should try the Bardzilla. Its their eating challenge that has 10 patties with each being 1/3 pound and add on 2 pounds of fries. I've tried it once and only ate 6 of the patties...the good thing about the challenge is that if you don't defeat it, you've got a good meal or two for later on that day or the next couple days....lol.

5 guys is great...had my first experience there in Madison, Wisconsin.

I don't really feel like this conversation can be had until you've had a burger at Diver's on Beale Street in downtown Memphis. This restrauant can be seen on the Travel Channel.

Ate at 5 Guys in Lexington recently. Don't get what all the big deal is about. Burger was not that good, service sucked and the seating area of the restaurant was not very clean. Way overpriced.

All around best burger in my opinion, I'd have to go with Bard's - plus it doesn't require the drive that some of the other places do.

Zip's is very good too, although it costs a little more, and the drive is a little further than I prefer to make for a burger. I haven't seen the Quatman Cafe in Norwood mentioned here yet, and they're very good as well...although again, it costs a little more.

Five Guys is pretty decent, although honestly, I think their burgers taste about the same as when I make them at home. Their fries are fantastic though.

However, if you want to have a really cool burger experience, I'd have to give my vote to an original car-hop in Middletown, Ohio. It's called The Jug, and it's been around for almost 80 years. Good, cheap, greasy burgers, and root beer floats served right through your car window. It's pretty awesome.

I haven't seen the Quatman Cafe in Norwood mentioned here yet, and they're very good as well...although again, it costs a little more.

How do you think they pay for those paper plates?:lol:

I have replied to the various burger threads. My favorites in no particular order:

5 Guys

Detroit Joes

Longnecks

915/ Skinny Legs

Herb and Thelmas

Chilis

and many more.

One that I will go out of my way for a couple of times a year is the classic, Double R Bar burger at Roy Rogers.

My favorite two burgers.

Fast Food- Whataburger

Sit down- Ajax in Oxford MS, The Deuce. Made to the specific specifications of one Deuce McCallister

Would you like to What-a-Size that?:D

Whataburger is also my favorite fast food burger.

Alltime favorite is The Assembly in Chicago.

In Lexington it's pretty much a tie between Lynaugh's, O'Neil's, and Saul Good's

What about Smashburger? My son says it's awesome and has a new one in Lexington. Just wondering. I've never tried it.

Tasty and expensive burger. I did the one with the fried egg on it.