Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Western Hills/Central Predictions

Who Wins? 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed vs Sizes. Which one wins?

WH needs to use their size and play ball-control offense. On defense, discipline, discipline, discipline!

 

Beating a Ty Scroggins-coached team is tough...beating one with the speed of Central makes it tougher...and beating one that has been tested in the fire against top 6A teams makes it even tougher.

 

I think WH is better than last year...I think Central maybe is a notch below last year's squad...but WH will have to play their best game of the season to win this one.

 

On the other hand, Central will be challenged this week. Not sure they've been challenged seriously in the past few games, and they really haven't turned in the dominating performances we've come to expect from the Yellowjackets. Can they "turn it on" now?

 

I think WH can pull this upset...but I also think Central is the definite favorite. Central, 28-21.

I think WHHS has a complete team. They have to eliminate the big play of Central. WHHS knows how to win tough games and have been few tight ones this season. They have the mental part down. Central losing their QB hurts.

 

Hills kicks late FG to win

 

WHHS 24

 

Central 21

Speed vs Sizes. Which one wins?

 

I like W-hills- Lb's, I believe they can contain some of that speed and the front line will beat Central's. Some people may think I am crazy but I say Hills in a shocker.

WH needs to use their size and play ball-control offense. On defense, discipline, discipline, discipline!

 

Beating a Ty Scroggins-coached team is tough...beating one with the speed of Central makes it tougher...and beating one that has been tested in the fire against top 6A teams makes it even tougher.

 

I think WH is better than last year...I think Central maybe is a notch below last year's squad...but WH will have to play their best game of the season to win this one.

 

On the other hand, Central will be challenged this week. Not sure they've been challenged seriously in the past few games, and they really haven't turned in the dominating performances we've come to expect from the Yellowjackets. Can they "turn it on" now?

I think WH can pull this upset...but I also think Central is the definite favorite. Central, 28-21.

I think the coaching will favor- Hills.

I think WHHS has a complete team. They have to eliminate the big play of Central. WHHS knows how to win tough games and have been few tight ones this season. They have the mental part down. Central losing their QB hurts.

 

Hills kicks late FG to win

 

WHHS 24

 

Central 21

 

Not sure how much it hurts. The backup rushed for 150 yards on 15 carries vs. Spencer... Of course, Hills is a lot better than Spencer!

I think the coaching will favor- Hills.

 

Seriously? Scroggins has had a pretty good run in coaching in big games

Not sure how much it hurts. The backup rushed for 150 yards on 15 carries vs. Spencer... Of course, Hills is a lot better than Spencer!

 

The "backup" has played a lot in the past two seasons, both at QB and RB. He's certainly not a greenie that's been watching all season.

 

The only team that's going to keep Central out of the 3-A title game IS Central.

 

Central 34

Western Hills 13

Western Hills has the type of team that COULD beat Central. They have the discipline and size on defense to limit Central's big plays. Hills LBs are all very sound and do not miss many tackles, while Curry at safety is a bonus to limit the big plays. Central will have big plays, Hills just has to keep them to a minimum. On offense Hills can run inside with Wright, as well as outside with the Jet and Curry; while also able to pass the ball well downfield. This will limit Central's ability to just stop one aspect of the offense with their great athletes. If Western Hills plays well and limits turnovers, they could beat Central - even more so if Central takes them lightly!

The "backup" has played a lot in the past two seasons, both at QB and RB. He's certainly not a greenie that's been watching all season.

 

The only team that's going to keep Central out of the 3-A title game IS Central.

 

Central 34

Western Hills 13

 

Is this the same Bolden kid that has played some QB in both State Championship Games? If so, he should be ready.

 

Central will not take WH lightly.

Also, it is a testament to the job Coach Miller has done at Western Hills for anyone to even CONSIDER Western Hills beating Central. Two years ago while Central was on its way to a state title, Western Hills was 1-10. A great coaching job by the entire Hills' staff, as well as a the hard work and toughness of this year's senior class.

Is this the same Bolden kid that has played some QB in both State Championship Games? If so, he should be ready.

 

I believe it is.

 

What some forget is that Central is big and strong enough to just line up and run over people. A lot think they are just a big-play team, but they can grind it out with the best.

 

Keeping focus and not taking opponents lightly are two parts of the discipline Coach Scroggins brought to Central. And two big reasons Central is 10-0 in it's last 10 playoff games.

I hate to go against either one of these teams. Hills has the ability to when this game but how do you go against Central with a playoff record like they have at home? This should be a very hard fought game if Hills can keep it close throughout. Still can't make up my mind on the winner.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.