Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley County/Pulaski County predictions

Who's going to win? 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's going to win?

    • Whitley County
      61%
    • Pulaski County
      38%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This will be a great game, two diffrent styles of play. The spread meets the option attack. Colonels will have to do a better job defending the pass in this one, They have gotten beat deep to many times this year. The secondary steps up this week and shuts them down.

 

WC 34

PC 14

:thumb:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitley rolls in this one.

Whitley Co. has good team speed along with great size in the trenches. Whitley's O-Line will take over in the second half.

Whitley should take this one.

Pulaski is better than most people give them credit for but Whitley is beginning to play inspired football. Colonels by 10.

Whitley will have 400 yards rushing.

 

WC 54

PC 39

Whitley is really playing well right now but Pulaski has been playing very well too. I think the Colonels running game might be a little bit too much for the Maroons. I'll take the Colonels 34-20. I hope I'm wrong and Pulaski can pull it out.

Whitley will have 400 yards rushing.

 

WC 54

PC 39

 

That may be pretty close.

WOW, I couldn't believe what Coach Hines said. No wonder no one respects Pulaski. First of all what has Pulaski ever done to earn respect. How many Region Championships do they have? ZERO!!!!!! 1 district Championship and Hines thinks they should be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Here is what was said in Somerset newspaper.

 

Despite all of that however, Pulaski County still isn’t getting the kind of respect that coach Hines believes his club should be getting.

 

And, the PC head coach isn’t one bit happy about the lack of respect either.

 

“These boys are the most disrespected conference champions in the state of Kentucky,” stated a very candid coach Hines, in describing his team of Rodney Dangerfield’s.

 

“I don’t know why, because I think we’re a pretty good football team,” Hines added. “We’re three snaps away from being an undefeated team, and we’re the most disrespected team there is. I told the kids before the game, and I believe it with all my heart, that WYMT-TV was here, and we were the game of the week, because they expected to see an upset. They were here to cover Perry Central’s four over one — they weren’t here to watch us. They don’t give a crap about us.”

WOW, I couldn't believe what Coach Hines said. No wonder no one respects Pulaski. First of all what has Pulaski ever done to earn respect. How many Region Championships do they have? ZERO!!!!!! 1 district Championship and Hines thinks they should be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Here is what was said in Somerset newspaper.

 

Despite all of that however, Pulaski County still isn’t getting the kind of respect that coach Hines believes his club should be getting.

 

And, the PC head coach isn’t one bit happy about the lack of respect either.

 

“These boys are the most disrespected conference champions in the state of Kentucky,” stated a very candid coach Hines, in describing his team of Rodney Dangerfield’s.

 

“I don’t know why, because I think we’re a pretty good football team,” Hines added. “We’re three snaps away from being an undefeated team, and we’re the most disrespected team there is. I told the kids before the game, and I believe it with all my heart, that WYMT-TV was here, and we were the game of the week, because they expected to see an upset. They were here to cover Perry Central’s four over one — they weren’t here to watch us. They don’t give a crap about us.”

 

I don't see a quote about Sports Illustrated. As far as lack of respect, he is talking about the 2009 version of the Maroons, not any of the past Pulaski Co. teams.

  • Author

Thats all just a coach motivating his players, and it seems to be working. Do what ever it takes, Coach Hines has done a great job with the maroons.

Thats all just a coach motivating his players, and it seems to be working. Do what ever it takes, Coach Hines has done a great job with the maroons.

 

I agree. After losing Muse and some early season games, I thought they were done. I was dead wrong. They have really stepped up and I love this approach. Use whatever you need to in order to keep your team fired up and give them a mission week after week. But their district is down this year and that is part of what is hurting their 'rep'. Right now, they are the sole representative of their district left and they have a lot of pride in Maroon country.

 

Given that, I still think Whitley wins this game, ... but they will NOT shut PC out. Too many weapons. Having seen both teams, the O line for Whitley is just stronger IMHO.

 

WC 35

PC 24

 

However, that is why they play the games. PC can and will break big plays. If they can turn Whitley over and force them to the air, PC can pull this one off. I just think that Whitley controls the line of scrimmage and wins the war.

I agree. After losing Muse and some early season games, I thought they were done. I was dead wrong. They have really stepped up and I love this approach. Use whatever you need to in order to keep your team fired up and give them a mission week after week. But their district is down this year and that is part of what is hurting their 'rep'. Right now, they are the sole representative of their district left and they have a lot of pride in Maroon country.

 

Given that, I still think Whitley wins this game, ... but they will NOT shut PC out. Too many weapons. Having seen both teams, the O line for Whitley is just stronger IMHO.

 

WC 35

PC 24

 

However, that is why they play the games. PC can and will break big plays. If they can turn Whitley over and force them to the air, PC can pull this one off. I just think that Whitley controls the line of scrimmage and wins the war.

Good observation-I think whitley is the best team in District 8, even though they lost to Letcher Central. Pulaski is pretty tough at home and is peaking at the right time and last year took Whitley to the wire at Whitley. Should be a great game Friday night.:popcorn:

I don't see a quote about Sports Illustrated. As far as lack of respect, he is talking about the 2009 version of the Maroons, not any of the past Pulaski Co. teams.

 

Just something I added in. Maybe he wants to be in Sporting News too or the USA Today top 25. But really, his team won a district championship this year, the schools and this teams first. If they can keep doing it then maybe they will earn respect. I do know you dont get any respect for bashing a TV station that is covering your game. You get respect by earning it and apparentlyhe hasnt done anyting to earn respect yet. what about all of the other teams who never get mentioned. Pulaski shouldnt think of themselves as greatness beacuse they have done less with more talent than most teams in the state.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.