Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Field Accomodations

Featured Replies

In looking at the prior thread on the conditions at Frankfort, I was wondering if there are other facilities that could use an upgrade for their fans and opposing fans.

 

Just looking at facilities, not the actions of the fan base.

Bethlehem has a tiny visitor-side bleacher set not unlike Frankfort's, but opposing fans rarely use it (Ballard Memorial being an exception Friday night) and instead sit in the main grandstand.

Estill County has almost no visitors bleachers. Only 2-3 sections of the 5 row stands. Last year they were wooden and in poor repair, I'm not sure if they were better this year but they weren't any more of them. Pulaski County used to be the same way except with metal bleachers, they remodeled so I'm not sure how it is set up now.

Allen County Scottsville has a horrible visitor section but they allow visitors to set in the grandstand...

I've never thought it was right that as a visitor you pay the same amount of money as a home fan but have to endure substandard conditions. Seems like your discriminated against because of the colors you wear...

East Carter only has two very small sets of visitor bleachers. Most visitors end up standing.

I don't want to name schools that have less then desirable conditions, but there are a lot of them. The simple fact is, many schools need to put more money and time into their facilities. I know someone will say they should put more money into education, and before that happens, I don't think education should be sacrificed and don't make this a football vs. education argument.

 

But, money will bring money. I know some fans that don't go to certain fields because of the accommodations, not hard core fans, but fans at any cost. How much money do schools loose on gate and concessions because of their facilities? I don't know, but I do know they would make more if they upgraded their facilities. How many students do school loose because of their facilities, because a school just down the road has nicer facilities? I don't know the answer, but I do know that it happens a lot more then many would believe.

 

Parents, fans, and potential students and potential parents don't get to come into most schools and look around, but they do see the facilities outside the school and your sports facilities are the biggest billboard that a school has. If the football complex is in bad shape, people are going to assume that the school is in bad shape. If the football complex is outstanding, people are going to assume the school is outstanding. Right or wrong? I don't know, but I assure you it happens.

 

Now for the obvious, if you are going to have a sports program, you should be prepared to spend the money to maintain that program: field preparation, parking, concession stands, seating for both home and visitor fans, and proper training, practice, and game equipment.

My school (Trimble County) did a small bleacher upgrade a few years ago. The new bleachers are nice, but small. Most of the home crowd brings chairs and sit in the endzone area. The new bleachers house the visiting fans and some of the home fans.

 

I'm told that there are plans to do a much larger upgrade in a few years, where our field will be moved down toward the baseball field and back, allowing a track to be built around it (we have a championship track team without a track...ha, ha), a significant bleacher upgrade, a new pressbox, a field house, and a practice field. Hopefully that would mean fixing our very poorly draining field (isn't is supposed to be a dome, not a bowl?) and adding additional parking and a fence around the field.

 

I'm not holding my breath, though. :lol:

Edited by True blue (and gold)

There are many stadiums with no visitor side seating at all and the fans share the seating in one grandstand. I agree with semperfifalcon's post above, you pay your admission you should be able to sit where you want. But don't set up in the middle of the other team's fans and scream your head off for your team. That just isn't cool and I am sure it will lead to a bad experience for you and all those around you.

A few years ago it was discussed that we may get a new stadium in Tompkinsville, at first I was all for it, but then I started to put some thought in it and the thought scared me to death. I've seen a lot of new stadiums and haven't been impressed with many of them, I would much rather we continue the upgrades of our current facility that seats 3,000 than I would see a new stadium that looks great on paper but lacks appeal in reality. What I would love to see in Monroe County is the back of our concrete bleachers get a wall built and use the space underneath for dressing rooms and other facilities. I think that would be a better use of money than building a new facility that doesn't have the seating or the appeal...

LCA has a beautiful stadium looking from the visitors side They have more then enough seating for the home team and chairback seating. They have put a lot of money into it. So what I dont understand is why they didn't spend a few more thousand and raise the visitors bleachers up so people can see the game.There is about 5 rows of seating. The bleachers are setting on the ground. So you can't set on them and see anything except the backs of the players. They put a ton of money on the home side and the bleachers are raised up about 6'. If you set on the top row you still have to stand to get a view. They even put a nice concession stand on the visitors side. Can someone from LCA please explain. You have such nice fans. And a beautiful campus. Why not a few blocks under the bleachers?

St.X's visitor stands are ridiculous. :eek:

LCA has a beautiful stadium looking from the visitors side They have more then enough seating for the home team and chairback seating. They have put a lot of money into it. So what I dont understand is why they didn't spend a few more thousand and raise the visitors bleachers up so people can see the game.There is about 5 rows of seating. The bleachers are setting on the ground. So you can't set on them and see anything except the backs of the players. They put a ton of money on the home side and the bleachers are raised up about 6'. If you set on the top row you still have to stand to get a view. They even put a nice concession stand on the visitors side. Can someone from LCA please explain. You have such nice fans. And a beautiful campus. Why not a few blocks under the bleachers?

 

Sounds like they used the same architect as St X.

Covington Holy Cross, New Cath, and Brossart don't have their own fields to play varsity football games.

LCA has a beautiful stadium looking from the visitors side They have more then enough seating for the home team and chairback seating. They have put a lot of money into it. So what I dont understand is why they didn't spend a few more thousand and raise the visitors bleachers up so people can see the game.There is about 5 rows of seating. The bleachers are setting on the ground. So you can't set on them and see anything except the backs of the players. They put a ton of money on the home side and the bleachers are raised up about 6'. If you set on the top row you still have to stand to get a view. They even put a nice concession stand on the visitors side. Can someone from LCA please explain. You have such nice fans. And a beautiful campus. Why not a few blocks under the bleachers?

 

You have to stand at LCA there is really no reason to even attempt to sit in those bleachers.

Covington Holy Cross, New Cath, and Brossart don't have their own fields to play varsity football games.

 

Where do Brossart and Holy Cross play their home games? If I were guessing, perhaps Campbell and Holmes?

 

Having formerly lived in Covington, you would think I would know this, but I don't, for whatever reason. :ohbrother:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.