Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

USA TODAY article on UL-UK rivalry

Featured Replies

I wonder if Jurich can remember the buzz the football team had back when they were winning games?

I wonder if Jurich can remember the buzz the football team had back when they were winning games?

 

 

That's the best you have? :lol: Bringing something completely unrelated into the discussion? :lol:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2009-11-04-kentucky-cover_N.htm

 

"They had the same buzz two years ago," Louisville athletics director Tom Jurich says. "Remember when they were recruiting eighth-graders?"

 

I love Jurich:lol:

 

I'm not sure I remember the #1 recruiting class or preseason top 5 ranking two years ago. Jurich is probably praying it turns out like two years ago did.

I hope Coach Cal is correct here:

 

Calipari guarantees Kentucky fans won't cross the line of good taste when Louisville visits.

"I promise you it will not get ugly," he says. "I think we have classy fans. If they look back on time (Pitino) spent here, it was a good time and he led the program to where they wanted it to go."

I hope Coach Cal is correct here:

 

 

I do too, but afraid he guaranted something he can't controll.

I do too, but afraid he guaranted something he can't controll.

 

 

Me too.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2009-11-04-kentucky-cover_N.htm

 

"They had the same buzz two years ago," Louisville athletics director Tom Jurich says. "Remember when they were recruiting eighth-graders?"

 

I love Jurich:lol:

 

Doesn't even make sense :idunno:

 

Yea we were as excited about the 8th grader as we are this best recruiting class on paper since the fab five :ohbrother:

 

It's no wonder Jurich is talking basketball

I'm not sure I remember the #1 recruiting class or preseason top 5 ranking two years ago. Jurich is probably praying it turns out like two years ago did.

 

:thumb:

Doesn't even make sense :idunno:

 

Yea we were as excited about the 8th grader as we are this best recruiting class on paper since the fab five :ohbrother:

 

It's no wonder Jurich is talking basketball

 

OR, the buzz surrounding BCG was pretty huge, and I plainly remember all the young commitiments he was getting creating a lot of excitement. I remember people on UK boards calling him the "warrior".

 

In all seriousness though, I know what you mean. It's apples and oranges.

Petty comment from Jurich.

Coming from a fellow making 645K, you would expect a little more, but so be it.

Has not been the best of year's for him.

It's interesting to read an outside perspective on the whole thing. I really and truly feel that people living outside Jefferson County will never really get it, and that goes for the rest of the state. My intensity getting geared up for this game has been at about 11 since the day UK hired Calipari. This game means something different in this town than it does anywhere else.

 

As for Calipari promising that the UK fans will keep it classy when the Cards roll into Lexington... this is sports and there isn't a classy fan base anywhere in this country. I wouldn't expect UK fans to not mention Pitino's indiscretions anymore than I'd expect a UofL fan not to harp on Calipari's missing banners (or that time him and John Chaney nearly came to blows... that was awesome; I sure do love Atlantic 10 ball). I'm not worried about it and I don't expect Pitino thinks he can avoid it either.

I hope Coach Cal is correct here:

 

That's a joke of a guarantee, and he should know it. If he doesn't, well, he's in over his head considering the Rupp crowd's love of being ugly.

Petty comment from Jurich.

Coming from a fellow making 645K, you would expect a little more, but so be it.

Has not been the best of year's for him.

 

What would you expect in a rivalry amongst petty folks?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.