USA TODAY article on UL-UK rivalry

RowdyRedRam

That's the best you have? :lol: Bringing something completely unrelated into the discussion? :lol:

I thought it was a very good retort, and I believe is very related to the discussion. Jurich should be oh so familiar with how a school, and their fans excitment about one of the school's athletic teams can drastically change in such a short time. As LABS stated, it was a petty comment from a guy that has taken a lot of heat for the state of the school's football program.

I hope Coach Cal is correct here:

I don't get it....I've never heard of them doing anything inappropriate when UofL has visited in the past, why would they now?

Originally I thought he was talking about the game itself, then I got to the part where he said it wouldn't get ugly, so I knew he had to be talking about something unrelated to the game.

While Coach Cal's comments are probably incorrect, the UK game will be one of the first of essentially every road game that UL (Rick in particular) will be ridiculed more than usual. At least being from the Bluegrass we here of all the positives that go on in situations and he has coached at both schools. If you are not from this general area, Pitino's reputation is worse now more than ever. While the whole incident was disgusting, it was not really shocking to anyone from around here.

I don't get it....I've never heard of them doing anything inappropriate when UofL has visited in the past, why would they now?

Originally I thought he was talking about the game itself, then I got to the part where he said it wouldn't get ugly, so I knew he had to be talking about something unrelated to the game.

I'm sure he's probably talking about inappropriate signs from UK fans regarding Pitino and his extramarital affair. There were some fans that said some pretty offensive fans to his wife on his 1st return trip to Rupp Arena, and Denny Crum was hit by a penny thrown by a fan on year. I do realize those are isolated incidents by some idiot fans, but still there were UK fans that acted inappropriate.

I'm sure he's probably talking about inappropriate signs from UK fans regarding Pitino and his extramarital affair. There were some fans that said some pretty offensive fans to his wife on his 1st return trip to Rupp Arena, and Denny Crum was hit by a penny thrown by a fan on year. I do realize those are isolated incidents by some idiot fans, but still there were UK fans that acted inappropriate.

1 out of 24,000 ain't bad. :p

I've seen Rupp also throw oranges at UT's bench.

But then again the same could be said at other arenas.

Nothing is worse though than a PAC 10 crowd (forgot just who) chanted once when Steve Kerr was on the line for Arizona. "PLO, PLO" Kerr's father was killed by Muslim extremists in Lebanon.

Next time someone wants to equate how bad this group is or that group, I remember that story and go on thinking sometimes, "It could be worse."