Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 35 Belfry 19

Featured Replies

Looks like the ship was righted at Johnson Central this fall. Maybe a lot to ask beating Covington Catholic and Highlands in back-to-back weeks, but the Eagles are playing much better.

WOW, Who woke up this sleeping giant about 6 weeks ago? Unbelieveable. Great job Johnson Central. :clap::clap:

Looks like the ship was righted at Johnson Central this fall. Maybe a lot to ask beating Covington Catholic and Highlands in back-to-back weeks, but the Eagles are playing much better.

 

If CovCath plays JC in round 1, JC will roll by 2 TDs or more, I think. Johnson Central is REALLY playing well. They're peaking at the perfect time. A far cry from the team throttled by Boyle to start the season...

 

CovCath hasn't had a good defense all year, and with three starters out, they're really suspect right now.

Final

 

Now that was a smacking, no excuse pleases. Good luck Central.:dancingpa

For Morehead State...

 

We have our win... :lol:

Congratulations to Johnson Central.

Looks like the ship was righted at Johnson Central this fall. Maybe a lot to ask beating Covington Catholic and Highlands in back-to-back weeks, but the Eagles are playing much better.

 

If they play, JC would handle CovCath fairly easily based on my observation of both teams this year. I hope it doesn't work out that way, because I'd like to play CovCath again this year, but I don't think we're going to get that chance.

If they play, JC would handle CovCath fairly easily based on my observation of both teams this year. I hope it doesn't work out that way, because I'd like to play CovCath again this year, but I don't think we're going to get that chance.

 

I wasn't aware of the injuries problems Covington Catholic had. It looks like Johnson Central could be at Highlands in three weeks.

I wasn't aware of the injuries problems Covington Catholic had. It looks like Johnson Central could be at Highlands in three weeks.

 

I think that they could too they are playing well right now.

Great job Eagles, way to pull together as a team and not lay down, best display of blocking I've seen all year..you all deserved this win

Edited by spindoc

Johnson Central was the better team and they showed it, congratulations to them on their first ever win over Belfry.

 

Belfry kept it close for the most part by virtue of a few costly turnovers by the Eagles. Of course, Belfry returned the favor turning it over to the Eagles a couple of times, most notably with 3 min to go in the first half, up 13-6 that set up JC's tying score.

 

Watching the game though, you could tell that The Pirates were outmanned and they just didn't have an answer for the sweep. Being short handed didn't help them any. Belfry lost Thomas Varney during the 2nd quarter to a shoulder injury, not sure what the extent of it is. They also were without DE Morgan Bentley. They missed those two guys on the corner on those sweeps, but I can't say they would have made a difference in the game because JC really moved the ball at will for the most part.

 

Belfry showed some grit and put together a scoring drive late to cut it to 28-19. There wasn't enough time left to score twice after the XP was missed and I think it was pretty much over. After Timmy Lovern got hurt a couple of plays later, Coach Haywood put in all subs. JC scored a few plays later with a few seconds left on the clock to make the final score 35-19

Johnson Central was the better team and they showed it, congratulations to them on their first ever win over Belfry.

 

Belfry kept it close for the most part by virtue of a few costly turnovers by the Eagles. Of course, Belfry returned the favor turning it over to the Eagles a couple of times, most notably with 3 min to go in the first half, up 13-6 that set up JC's tying score.

 

Watching the game though, you could tell that The Pirates were outmanned and they just didn't have an answer for the sweep. Being short handed didn't help them any. Belfry lost Thomas Varney during the 2nd quarter to a shoulder injury, not sure what the extent of it is. They also were without DE Morgan Bentley. They missed those two guys on the corner on those sweeps, but I can't say they would have made a difference in the game because JC really moved the ball at will for the most part.

 

Belfry showed some grit and put together a scoring drive late to cut it to 28-19. There wasn't enough time left to score twice after the XP was missed and I think it was pretty much over. After Timmy Lovern got hurt a couple of plays later, Coach Haywood put in all subs. JC scored a few plays later with a few seconds left on the clock to make the final score 35-19

 

Looked like a separated left shoulder the way he was carrying the left arm. He still kicked, and I suspect if it had been a crucial playoff game he probably still could've carried the football if absolutely needed. I don't think he can go on defense with a shoulder like that, though, wouldn't be able to wrap up. Luckily, with the way 3A is, especially in the east, he probably will have all the time he needs to heal until Mason County.

 

J.J. Jude with 224 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries, J.K. Hall with 8-87-1. Also Dillon with 56 yards and Bratton with 42. Of note, I believe Central was 3-3 through the air, including a big strike from Hall to Cody Parker to set up the tying touchdown before the half.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.