Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County's Schedule

Featured Replies

Boyle has a pretty easy schedule other than Lex Cath.........

 

Should they add a team like ST X, Highlands or Trinity to get more battle tested even if if means a possible regular season loss? Or is building up the confidence better? Thoughts?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boyle has played a good schedule. Nobody thought Johnson Central would start out the way they did, so that should have been a very challenging game. Lafayette seems to be down compared to years past. Boyle can't control how the teams they play turn out. Typically JC, Lafayette, Danville and Rockcastle have very good teams, just happens all are down this year and that is out of the hands of Coach French and the Boyle program.

 

 

I don't think building up confidence had anything to do with it, as I said going into the season on paper they looked to have a very good non-district schedule. When you are established power such as Boyle you don't need to build confidence but you do need to challenge them every week.

I think Boyle has played a good schedule. Nobody thought Johnson Central would start out the way they did, so that should have been a very challenging game. Lafayette seems to be down compared to years past. Boyle can't control how the teams they play turn out. Typically JC, Lafayette, Danville and Rockcastle have very good teams, just happens all are down this year and that is out of the hands of Coach French and the Boyle program.

 

 

I don't think building up confidence had anything to do with it, as I said going into the season on paper they looked to have a very good non-district schedule. When you are established power such as Boyle you don't need to build confidence but you do need to challenge them every week.

 

Good post my friend! :thumb:

As per the West Jessamine/Boyle thread, I posted:

 

Just some FYI on the Rebel's schedule. Much has been made of it being very weak in the not too distant past. But after last night's games, it doesn't look nearly so bad now.

 

If you take out two teams who are a combined 3-13, the rest of Boyle's opponents have a 29-20 record and I think they are all "break even" to winning record. (even throwing the two bad records in the record is 32-33) BTW, the two BAD teams (record wise) are: Danville and Mercer County. (Who'd have thought?)

 

The schedule hasn't been that bad and as SARR pointed out, no one expected some of these teams to perform the way they have.

 

The Christian County game will be a good opponent as well. They are currently 6-2 and that is a LONG trip.

It depends on what level of recognition Boyle Co. wants. If Boyle Co. wants to be one of the top 5 teams in the state or even the best, they need to play the best of the best like St. X., Trinity, Highlands, Male, etc. Highlands' coach wants national championship recognition so he is trying to schedule games that will get them there. The problem Boyle Co. may face is the above teams may not be interested in scheduling Boyle Co.

I think Boyle has played a good schedule. Nobody thought Johnson Central would start out the way they did, so that should have been a very challenging game. Lafayette seems to be down compared to years past. Boyle can't control how the teams they play turn out. Typically JC, Lafayette, Danville and Rockcastle have very good teams, just happens all are down this year and that is out of the hands of Coach French and the Boyle program.

 

I don't think building up confidence had anything to do with it, as I said going into the season on paper they looked to have a very good non-district schedule. When you are established power such as Boyle you don't need to build confidence but you do need to challenge them every week.

 

:thumb:

It depends on what level of recognition Boyle Co. wants. If Boyle Co. wants to be one of the top 5 teams in the state or even the best, they need to play the best of the best like St. X., Trinity, Highlands, Male, etc. Highlands' coach wants national championship recognition so he is trying to schedule games that will get them there. The problem Boyle Co. may face is the above teams may not be interested in scheduling Boyle Co.

 

It wasn't too long ago that Boyle County had a home and home series with Highlands while we were in the same classification and Trinity plays Bowling Green every year. I would think that if both schools came to an agreed upon date they would play, if there was interest. I don't think a St. X/Boyle County game would happen, but I could see games against Highlands or Trinity being possible. I guess it just depends on if the schools will talk to one another. As a fan, I welcome any and all comers.:D

 

I'd also love to see a Boyle County/Bowling Green series also.

It wasn't too long ago that Boyle County had a home and home series with Highlands while we were in the same classification and Trinity plays Bowling Green every year. I would think that if both schools came to an agreed upon date they would play, if there was interest. I don't think a St. X/Boyle County game would happen, but I could see games against Highlands or Trinity being possible. I guess it just depends on if the schools will talk to one another. As a fan, I welcome any and all comers.:D

 

I'd also love to see a Boyle County/Bowling Green series also.

 

In this past decade Boyle has had series with Henry Clay, Lafayette, Bowling Green & Highlands among others. I know Trinity wanted to play Boyle when the winning streak was close to 50 but it did not happen. I recall some "Bowl Games" with teams like Breathitt, Bardstown, Nelson County, and Lex Cath (Mostly District and Playoff games but once in the season).

 

I think the Christian County game is a good one for the Rebels this year. Journeying to Louisville or NKY would be great for the program but expenses play into it as well. While St X in Cincy is a tough game for Highlands, my guess is that it's a cheaper travel bill than for Boyle going to NKY, Western KY or maybe even Louisville.

 

Still it would be nice to see some new games with some more great powers in the state. :thumb:

I have seen Christian County several times this year, I think there lack of offense will hurt them and Boyle Co. will roll them as well.

I would love to see Boyle play Highlands....Havent they played before, anyone know scores?

Boyle County was 2-2 against Highlands. Technically Boyle County was 3-1 since Highlands had to forfeit one of the games. I say Boyle County was 2-2 and I believe others will agree with me. Forfeit or not, it was fair.

 

2003:

Boyle 22 Highlands 21

Boyle 44 Highlands 10

 

2004:

Highlands 21 Boyle 0

Highlands 22 Boyle 6

Boyle County was 2-2 against Highlands. Technically Boyle County was 3-1 since Highlands had to forfeit one of the games. I say Boyle County was 2-2 and I believe others will agree with me. Forfeit or not, it was fair.

 

2003:

Boyle 22 Highlands 21

Boyle 44 Highlands 10

 

2004:

Highlands 21 Boyle 0

Highlands 22 Boyle 6

 

Thanks:D

I agree with those above who said the schedule isn't bad, some of the teams are just worse than usual/expected. And I would this: Your opponents tend to look a little worse when you're really good.

What made Highlands forfeit in 2004?

What made Highlands forfeit in 2004?

 

Playing ineligible player.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.