Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton's indoor facility?

Featured Replies

How is Simon Kenton getting the funding for their new indoor practice facility?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Simon Kenton getting the funding for their new indoor practice facility?

 

Great question!!! I would love to know also??:confused:

How is Simon Kenton getting the funding for their new indoor practice facility?

 

Probably your and my "TAX" dollar.

Probably your and my "TAX" dollar.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:That's a lot of Double "R" Burgers.....:taz:

  • Author
:laugh::laugh::laugh:That's a lot of Double "R" Burgers.....:taz:

 

You guys going tomorrow??:popcorn:

I don't even know where they would put the facility, the campus is pretty full right now as it is. They are also putting in tennis courts and a Marching Band Practice field, all of which I have no idea where they'd go. I guess they'll be clearing out a lot of trees behind the football field.

You guys going tomorrow??:popcorn:

 

No sir, those boys are heading to Keeneland.

 

What is this facility you are talking about.

I don't even know where they would put the facility, the campus is pretty full right now as it is. They are also putting in tennis courts and a Marching Band Practice field, all of which I have no idea where they'd go. I guess they'll be clearing out a lot of trees behind the football field.

 

They are taking land from Kenton Elm. The little ones don't need a place to play.

I don't even know where they would put the facility, the campus is pretty full right now as it is. They are also putting in tennis courts and a Marching Band Practice field, all of which I have no idea where they'd go. I guess they'll be clearing out a lot of trees behind the football field.

 

What's wrong with the football field?

From what I've been told, there are a few phases to this "project". The fieldhouse will be on the west side of the field, south of the current visitors stands. Band practice field behind Kenton Elementary, tennis courts behind the south endzone and eventually a track and soccer field in the valley north of the school. I drove by the school on Monday and it appears as if they have moved some ground already for the fieldhouse.

No way in the world Simon Kenton should be getting a practice facility unless the funding is coming elsewhere and not by Kenton County Board of Education. My reason is simple Scott sits there with only 1 gym while Dixie and SK have 2 already all Scott's sports have to share the 1 gym. I know the old saying is Scott has a pool but Dixie uses it for practice for their swim team don't know if SK has a swim team and also uses Scott for practice or not. County should let Scott use 1 of SK or Dixie's gym for practice since they only have 1 at Scott.

 

I guess what I am trying to say is Scott deserves 1 more gym before SK gets a practice facility especially if the practice facility is being paid for by Kenton County.

 

Can't believe the County would take Kenton Elementary's play ground to make a band field for SK. Whatever happened to the parking lots for band practice come on people the kids need the play ground more!!!!!!!

No way in the world Simon Kenton should be getting a practice facility unless the funding is coming elsewhere and not by Kenton County Board of Education. My reason is simple Scott sits there with only 1 gym while Dixie and SK have 2 already all Scott's sports have to share the 1 gym. I know the old saying is Scott has a pool but Dixie uses it for practice for their swim team don't know if SK has a swim team and also uses Scott for practice or not. County should let Scott use 1 of SK or Dixie's gym for practice since they only have 1 at Scott.

 

I guess what I am trying to say is Scott deserves 1 more gym before SK gets a practice facility especially if the practice facility is being paid for by Kenton County.

 

Can't believe the County would take Kenton Elementary's play ground to make a band field for SK. Whatever happened to the parking lots for band practice come on people the kids need the play ground more!!!!!!!

 

State Championship Game + Miles Simpson = Practice Facility.

State Championship Game + Miles Simpson = Practice Facility.

 

By that logic Highlands should be playing in a dome.

What does that have to do with how kenton County Board of Education spends funds in the County. Miles is good and wish him all the luck in the world and I hope SK makes another championship run but that is besides the point.

 

Scott basketball and baseball 2 district championships and regional finals for baseball equals new gym for Scott. LOL

Congrats to Simon Kenton. Sounds like it will be awesome.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.