Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals playoff chances

Now that the Bengals are 2-1, rate their chances of making the NFL playoffs. 69 members have voted

  1. 1. Now that the Bengals are 2-1, rate their chances of making the NFL playoffs.

    • Dream on. No way
      4%
    • Hard to imagine, but possible.
      23%
    • 50-50 chance.
      47%
    • More than likely now.
      10%
    • I'm a believer.
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

OK, I stole this poll from the Enquirer, but I thought it was a good idea for BGP as well. I know it's still early, but let's see what everyone thinks.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to early to speculate on . Give it 5 or 6 weeks more .

  • Author
Way to early to speculate on . Give it 5 or 6 weeks more .

 

 

Why don't we just give it 13 more weeks, and then have the poll. :rolleyes: It's a prediction. That means to predict the outcome of something before it happens. If you don't want to vote, then don't vote, but I'll post the poll when I want. Thanks.

I'm a believer. This D will keep them close in a lot of games and they have shown so far they are winning those games.

If the O-line can protect Carson like they did this past Sunday. Get your Tickets ready...I'm going out on a lim b saying they get home field advantage.:thumb:

 

Cedric is nice... How did I over look him in Fantasy football?:idunno:

Could win the next couple or loss the next couple. Just never know about this team.

I think 50/50. The schedule sets up where they could realistically get 10-11 wins if they play like they're capable of.

To even think about playoffs, you have to beat Pittsburgh at home without their best player.

 

Looking way ahead, I'm hoping the Jets clinch before the last week and rest all of their starters. Obviously way too early for that thought, but it is a good one if it can happen.

I'm not sure what I think. I like the defense and I think it will get better. The offense seems to run hot and cold...it can look good at times and then really bad. Same with Carson...good and bad.

 

Two keys...1) the offensive line and 2) Carson Palmer. If the line can continue to improve and develop into a solid unit that can protect the QB and give Benson some running room, then this offense has a chance to be really good. If #1 happens, then Carson has to get better. I think he's rusty and still finding his way back after the injury and some tough years. If he can return to his "franchise" form, look out. I think the Bengals are in great shape at the skill positions.

 

They need to keep finding ways to win games while Carson shakes off the rust and the o-line matures. If they can stay in good position, they have a chance to be a very, very strong team by season's end, IMO. It may not happen, but I think people who have paid attention to what Cincy has been doing over the last couple of years realized that they were putting together a solid roster and getting some pieces in place. I still thought they were a year away, but sometimes these things come together faster than you expect.

 

I'd go 50/50 at this point, because I believe Carson will get better, but I'm still a little skeptical about the Bengals up front.

I think it's possible but given the luck the Bengals have I don't know. I voted 50/50 because I don't think they are a bad team but I'd want to see at least 2 more good games from them before I actually believe they have a real shot at the playoffs. Beating Pittsburgh was a huge confidence boost though, whether they were missing Troy or not.

The great thing about the NFL is that most would have picked the first three games for the Bengals as...

 

W - DEN

L - @ GB

L - PITT

50/50 Chance. Here's how I see the remaining games:

 

Wins:

@ Cleveland

Chicago

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

 

Toss Ups:

Houston

Baltimore

@ Oakland

@ Minnesota

@ San Diego

 

Losses:

@ Baltimore

@ Pittsburgh

@ NY Jets

 

I'd say that puts them right at 50/50.

50/50 Chance. Here's how I see the remaining games:

 

Wins:

@ Cleveland

Chicago

Cleveland

Detroit

Kansas City

 

Toss Ups:

Houston

Baltimore

@ Oakland

@ Minnesota

@ San Diego

 

Losses:

@ Baltimore

@ Pittsburgh

@ NY Jets

 

I'd say that puts them right at 50/50.

 

I agree with this except I'd move the Oakland game to the win column, and the Jets game to the toss-up column.

I agree with this except I'd move the Oakland game to the win column, and the Jets game to the toss-up column.
I orginally had the Oakland game in the win column. But the more I thought about it...the more I think Oakland has a chance with it being at home.

 

I don't see them beating the Jets...that D is nasty!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.