Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Johnson Central Predictions

Tomcats or Golden Eagles 91 members have voted

  1. 1. Tomcats or Golden Eagles

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I was able to go down to the scrimmage and I think you've got it just right. Coach Hart told them during the scrimmage that they were there to work on things, not to win. Ashland had serveral things that were working for them, but what good would it have been for them to just keep rehashing the stuff that was okay? No offense intended for Campbell Co. but they saw that the screen was working so they ran it at least 12-13 times. They seemed happy to win but, on the other side of it Coach Hart and staff didn't seem to be upset at the score in the least.

 

Ashland's defense got some very valuable experience against a good team, same with their offense. You have to put your team together at some point, hence the scrimmage concept.

 

 

Absolutely Ballbrain – and that is exactly why we want Hart coaching.

 

 

The posts above give a good idea as to how the scrimage against Campbell County went. I believe the final score was Ashland losing 41-0 against what seems like a quality Campbell County team, but looking at how we have played since one can say that the scrimage paid off tremendously.

 

Having played four power running teams so far (Greenup, Belfry, Russell, and Ironton) I think the experience from those games will help against JC. I was concerned with the size of our lines at the beginning but after seeing us beat Belfry, and especially Ironton (who has a huge line) I feel better about that. One area of concern with this team is penalties. I don't know our exact penalty yardage but the past three games Ashland had several false starts and holding penalties that either slowed or killed drives down the field. That must be fixed against Johnson Central, and I'm confident that Coach Hart and his staff will have the Tomcats well prepared.

 

Again, I think we'll be in for a great game atmosphere next week. Can't wait!

 

 

Golfer you make excellent points about the penalties and I'm gald you're here making them. I share your confidence that our coaches will get this fixed. :thumb:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's game week. Has the week off benefited one team more than the other?

It's game week. Has the week off benefited one team more than the other?

 

Good point. I thought about the same thing, always did hate an open date for that reason. Coach Hart knew exactly how to avoid a let down when Ashland played a good Waverly team, they were motivated in spite of very emotional win over Ironton. Having come from the college ranks I think that Coach will know how to use this open date to his advantage since college teams very often have open dates built into their schedule. One thing is for sure, the flu bug was running through the team last week and this week they look to be much healthier come game day.:thumb:

I would like to think that my old school can pull this out, but the reality is that the Tomcats are a better team...

 

A 40

JC 22

  • Author

This one is going to be a slugfest. I look for JC to play its best game of the year as both of these teams open up against a District opponent for the first time this season. Matney has a way of whipping his teams into a frenzy when he can play the “underdog” card. Having this game in Paintsville is a huge advantage for the Eagles too.

 

When comparing these two teams, it’s interesting to note that the cumulative W-L records of their collective opponents stand dead even at 22 – 16. Even though Ashland is undefeated at 6-0, JC finds itself in a very un-Matneyesque predicament at 2 – 4. Regardless… pre-district records are meaningless when trying to evaluate these two teams.

 

I find it more revealing that the Eagles have yielded a whopping 176 points defensively. From 2005 through 2008, JC has yielded an average of 18 points per contest. In 2009, however, the Eagles give up over 29 points per game...Ashland yields 11.

 

Defense wins championships.

I think Ashland will win this one big, And Hunter will Shine and everyone will see that he has became a great leader and will show everyone what kind of team the Tomcat's will be in the District and Playoffs!

I guess the two weeks between games has everybody talked out already. Two more days until Ashland makes Ram look like a genius, or Johnson Central gives Leatherneck the last laugh.

I guess the two weeks between games has everybody talked out already. Two more days until Ashland makes Ram look like a genius, or Johnson Central gives Leatherneck the last laugh.

 

LRCW, if JC wins I won't laugh. I promise. Heck, Henry says I never laugh; just walk around with a scowl on my face all the time. :madman:

 

Much credit should be given to Coach Hart and the Tom Cats. They've obviously improved dramatically since I saw them play last year.

 

As for how the Tom Cats approached the Campbell County scrimmage, since I wasn't there I have to accept what the posters above observed. I just relied on what I read on here about the scrimmage immediately thereafter, what I observed of Ashland last year and the players returning for JC, and evidently erroneously concluded that I thought JC would win the district. The Tom Cats obviously have improved dramatically. Still trying to figure out the Eagles. I thought they'd be tough as nails this year. Honestly, they were the team I was most worried about in 5A before the season began. Evidently they've played better as of late, but one wonders if it's enough to play with Ashland. Sounds like its going to be a fun night in Paintsville on Friday. I hope every one has a great time and all the players come out injury free. I'm pulling for Ashland for reasons stated in a prior post. Sure, a JC win will cause me to be able to avoid some heavy duty razzing by Ram, but I can live with that if the razzing happens. I've been wrong before and will be wrong again. :D

I guess the two weeks between games has everybody talked out already. Two more days until Ashland makes Ram look like a genius, or Johnson Central gives Leatherneck the last laugh.

 

As for the bolded...........Please don't give him any more pats on the back, :ohbrother:we are having enough trouble putting up with him here in RamLand already. :p

 

I will stay with my pick on Ashland winning this one, the Tomcats are for real as some of were calling for all season. (and yes, that was a pat on the back for myself :lol:)

JC may not have played up to expectations so far, but I believe when Ashland plays them we'll see the JC team everyone expected to see this year. This will be a tough game for Ashland but I expect them to be well prepared and ready to avenge the big loss JC handed them at Putnam last year. I look forward to a great game atmosphere!

 

I don't think that JC will be able to turn it on if the haven't already. JC just isn't the team they have been in the past. It's just a down year. And I have a feeling they are going to pay for it. They have won the last two games. But only by very weak teams, Middlesboro (1-5) and Breathitt Co (2-5). If it ain''t been turned on by now forget it. Ashland I don't think will show any mercy Friday night. It's going to be a long ride back down Rt 23. Ashland will win this game by 30+.

Edited by RAMS68_1
add word

I guess the two weeks between games has everybody talked out already. Two more days until Ashland makes Ram look like a genius, or Johnson Central gives Leatherneck the last laugh.

 

 

You won't be able to find a big enough hat.

I don't think that JC will be able to turn it on if the haven't already. JC just isn't the team they have been in the past. It's just a down year. And I have a feeling they are going to pay for it. They have won the last two games. But only by very weak teams, Middlesboro (1-5) and Breathitt Co (2-5). If it ain''t been turned on by now forget it. Ashland I don't think will show any mercy Friday night. It's going to be a long ride back down Rt 23. Ashland will win this game by 30+.

 

Rams, it will be interesting to see what happens with Johnson Central. Sometimes it takes longer for teams to come around. With the talent this Johnson Central team returns from last year they still have the ability to be very good. They may not have played to the level expected so far but they had a good opportunity to regroup during the open week. Either way, it will be an exciting matchup and I look forward to watching these two teams play.

Edited by AshlandGolfer
typo

From a Raceland fan.......GO Tomcats!!!:thumb::thumb:

With rain in the forecast maybe it’s good that the game is on JC’s new field. It may get wet, but it won’t be muddy – like it was in 2005.

 

 

The attached photo is from that muddy game :D

JC 6.jpg

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.