Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Johnson Central Predictions

Tomcats or Golden Eagles 91 members have voted

  1. 1. Tomcats or Golden Eagles

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't think Ashland can be taken off the schedule even if the cats beat them 70-0. It's a dist. game.

RAMS68 gets the "no sense of humor award".:lol:

  • Replies 84
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5) Ram's football knowledge is on the line. He has predicted Ashland to win their district since the season began and his reputation as a pigskin prognosticator is riding on it.

I relish the opportunity. Bring it on.:ylsuper:

 

 

I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong. I don't think I am.

They have two soccer kickers

Wow. This one gets 2 weeks of hype like the Super Bowl. :-)

 

This is an interesting matchup to me for a few reasons:

 

1) The 2 teams started off the season as differently as 2 teams can start off. Ashland beat up Greenup County while Johnson Central got beaten up by one of the top teams in the state, Boyle County. Ashland has continued their roll with impressive wins at Belfry and against Ironton (OH). Johnson Central had to have their confidence shaken by losing their first 4 to very good teams, but they have managed to get back on track against Middlesboro and what used to be a good team in Breathitt County. The fact that the 2 teams intersect at this point is interesting.

 

2) Johnson Central has beaten Ashland fairly soundly since a 13-10 loss in Putnam Stadium in 2005. The last 2 meetings have been 41-6 and 67-33 in favor of Johnson Central. With many picking Ashland to win handily, I wonder if high school football programs can do such an about face? If Ashland blows Johnson Central out, that's a single season turnaround for the ages. Something is either terribly wrong at Johnson Central, terribly right at Ashland, or both.

 

3) Johnson Central has lost their first 3 home games of this season. Losing here would mean they need to come away with a win against Woodford County the following week to avoid a winless 2009 at home. That's quite a surprise considering most thought that Johnson Central was on their way to building a perennial power.

 

4) Ashland is on a roll like they haven't seen in quite awhile. They beat Raceland for the first time in 3 years, won at Belfry, demolished rival Russell for the second year in a row, and beat Ironton (OH) for the first time since Ashland's 1990 state title team got the job done. They've managed to do all of this while losing their best running back in Rashard Carter to transfer and losing 2 of their starting linemen to injury. Their defense is drawing comparisons to the famed JAWS defense of 1975. The Johnson Central game shapes up to be their biggest road test of the season and offers another opportunity to prove themselves.

 

5) Ram's football knowledge is on the line. He has predicted Ashland to win their district since the season began and his reputation as a pigskin prognosticator is riding on it.

 

All that being said, I think that Ashland is in for their toughest game of the season. While I doubt Johnson Central is more talented than Ironton (OH), I do think they will be more motivated because this is a district game on their home field and the beginning of a chance to salvage their season. Even with an inspired Johnson Central effort, though, I pick Ashland to win it 28-22.

 

I think if Ashland loses, it will be because they don't have a kicker. Their spread offense has served them well in converting 2 point attempts, but at some point this season, they're going to need a sure point. I implore them to sign up a soccer player and have a kicker as they head into the most important part of their schedule.

 

Your right, small things can provent a team form beening great some times, but having a team with just enough talent and a lot of heart can make up for it in a big way. I see your point maybe not this game, but a Highlands type team or anybody form northern KY in the playoffs this could be a big facter.

Where will this game be played?

Where will this game be played?

 

See Post 12, Section 3, subsentence 2.

I like Ashland in a close one. 27-20.

  • Author

Overall records between these two programs is dead even at 5 – 5 – 0. Four of those five wins have come about since the arrivals of Coach Matney and Coach Hart. Hart won the inaugural game in 2005 in the famous “Wide Right – Mud Cleat” controversy 13 – 10…but since that game, Central has ripped off 4 consecutive victories.

 

Our current seniors have yet to beat the Eagles and have experienced some rather lopsided Ironton-esque defeats…7 -35; 21-28; 33-67, and finally last year’s game 6-41.

 

We have witnessed how these Tomcats have handled the Ironton situation, and even though Central is not (nor has ever been) the equivalent of an Ironton…I believe these Ashland seniors will have the same mindset when they line up against the Eagles.

 

Enough is enough.

I have credibility? I'm touched.:cry: I will just enjoy it for the next two weeks and see what happens next Friday.

I've said you were "touched" since I've known you!:thumb:

 

1. I think this Ashland team is solid on every unit and will win.

2. Where in the wide, wide, world of sports have all the Johnson Central posters gone?:idunno:

I think the Tomcats will be taking JC very, very seriously - as serious as a "Hart" attack.

 

 

 

... Enough is enough.

 

 

Amen. The time has come.

  • Author
I think the Tomcats will be taking JC very, very seriously - as serious as a "Hart" attack.

 

Amen. The time has come.

 

Looks like you have your game face on Graybeard....Im likin' it!

  • Author
....Where in the wide, wide, world of sports have all the Johnson Central posters gone?:idunno:

 

I have wondered the same thing doc...

 

The first part of this season has been brutal for Central, but I’m surprised to see how quickly the JC fans seem to be jumping off the bandwagon.

I've said you were "touched" since I've known you!:thumb:

Ram are touched.

 

2. Where in the wide, wide, world of sports have all the Johnson Central posters gone?:idunno:

Ram not know, but I bet I have no credibility with them, or maybe I do, and they agree with me and just don't want to have to say it.:D

 

Where's all the people that question Ram's football knowledge, I figured people would be all over the place telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about?

 

 

 

 

Ram now referrers to himself in the third person.:lol:

^ Ram starting to sound like Mongo in "Blazin' Saddles" or Tonto in "The Lone Ranger". :laugh:

Oh, and don't you think I am going to rub this one in, to the people that called me a sandbagger in the pre-season when I predicted Ashland to win their district, a Ram doesn't forget.:popcorn:

 

I think the phrase is "an elaphant never forgets" but I guess a Ram can be as unforgetful as an elephant! :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.