Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK is cutting faculty, but....

Featured Replies

We all understand that. It still doesn't make it right. The money could be used in a better way.

 

I guess the question is, whose money is it?

 

It is not the University of Kentucky's money. The school (and everyone around the state who donate tax dollars to the school) should be grateful that the UKAA has given over $1 million to the school.

 

They have no obligation or duty to do so. Indeed, it is their money that they are giving to some other business. President Obama would love it.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it different for a private school when we've already established that the UKAA is it's OWN SEPARATE ENTITY?

 

That actually is the best question asked in all of this nonsense.

How is it different for a private school when we've already established that the UKAA is it's OWN SEPARATE ENTITY?

 

Bingo! :thumb:

I remember when I played High School Baseball, we had to beg and plead for money to fix up the field because it was like 2 bucks to go to a game and not many fans came. Football charged 5 and alot of people came. Does it make it fair? Who knows...most important rule of life: IT ISN'T FAIR. Deal with it and move on....or join the Peace Corp and donate the little money you earn, just don't complain about not having the "good life" when it comes to material things. Same situation.

I remember when I played High School Baseball, we had to beg and plead for money to fix up the field because it was like 2 bucks to go to a game and not many fans came. Football charged 5 and alot of people came. Does it make it fair? Who knows...most important rule of life: IT ISN'T FAIR. Deal with it and move on....or join the Peace Corp and donate the little money you earn, just don't complain about not having the "good life" when it comes to material things. Same situation.

 

Wish everyone in this country would realize that imo.

The more I read it, the more curious I am to know the political leanings of the posters in this thread.

I guess the question is, whose money is it?

 

It is not the University of Kentucky's money. The school (and everyone around the state who donate tax dollars to the school) should be grateful that the UKAA has given over $1 million to the school.

 

They have no obligation or duty to do so. Indeed, it is their money that they are giving to some other business. President Obama would love it.

 

Then the school should stop paying any money to the athletic department's employees, all 73 of them.

Then the school should stop paying any money to the athletic department's employees, all 73 of them.

 

So your original gripe was that they are paying Cal's Country Club fees and that money could be used to employ ONE more employee (at a separate business). NOW, you want the UKAA to cut back on their donations so that the school has to lay off 73 more?

 

C'mon dude...:isurrender:

So your original gripe was that they are paying Cal's Country Club fees and that money could be used to employ ONE more employee (at a separate business). NOW, you want the UKAA to cut back on their donations so that the school has to lay off 73 more?

 

C'mon dude...:isurrender:

 

Uh, no. The UKAA should pay those salaries as well.

So your original gripe was that they are paying Cal's Country Club fees and that money could be used to employ ONE more employee (at a separate business). NOW, you want the UKAA to cut back on their donations so that the school has to lay off 73 more?

 

C'mon dude...:isurrender:

 

:laugh: UK is the only school that does that you know.

What about other non academic staff?

Heaven forbid that Cal has done well enough in his chose profession that the market says he's worth all that money AND a country club membership. How dare he make the most of his experience as an American - you know the land of the free and the land of opportunity...

I'd bet Cal does some very good philanthropic things with his money, but it's up to him to choose to GIVE or not.

I remember when I played High School Baseball, we had to beg and plead for money to fix up the field because it was like 2 bucks to go to a game and not many fans came. Football charged 5 and alot of people came. Does it make it fair? Who knows...most important rule of life: IT ISN'T FAIR. Deal with it and move on....or join the Peace Corp and donate the little money you earn, just don't complain about not having the "good life" when it comes to material things. Same situation.

 

"Fair does not mean equal" One of my favorite quotes I heard from an administrator.

So your original gripe was that they are paying Cal's Country Club fees and that money could be used to employ ONE more employee (at a separate business). NOW, you want the UKAA to cut back on their donations so that the school has to lay off 73 more?

 

C'mon dude...:isurrender:

 

I didn't ask for anyone to cut donations? I just said if they are so separate, pick up the bill for the salaries of athletic department salaries.

I didn't ask for anyone to cut donations? I just said if they are so separate, pick up the bill for the salaries of athletic department salaries.

 

 

I don't know, but I'm guessing a certain number of these people are required to be kept seperate from the UKAA because of NCAA compliance rules. Basically the watchdog shouldn't be financially at the mercy of those they watch.

 

I'd be willing to bet that the amount of money the school gets (donations from outside sources, donations from UKAA, increased enrollment, etc) because of athletics is well in excess of the cost of 73 employees.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.