September 25, 200917 yr Depends on the nature of the jobs for the 73 employees in question. I would like to see something showing how many employees of the athletic department are paid by the University and what the nature of those jobs are. Where did the 73 number come from? Is this athletic support staff entirely or are we including maintenance and service staff also? UK has an enormous amount of athletic facilities, considering all sports. Does the University own those facilities (I'm talking about the physical plant, property and equipment) or are they owned by the UKAA? The employees needed to maintain and service the facilities would normally be hired and paid by the owners of those facilities, whichever the case may be. These are all employees that are directly related with certain sports..ie....men's basketball, football, all the tile IX sports, etc.....not administrative staff, etc...and facilities.
September 25, 200917 yr I work for UK in the PPD. Our department bills athletics for our services, so I don't know how that would translate into who is actually paying us.I am not asking for your name, but if you PM it to me, I can tell you where you are segmented.
September 25, 200917 yr I don't understand why a coach who will get paid multi-millions a year can't pay it himself?
September 25, 200917 yr RP, can you share that info with us? Is there a link? Otherwise, there is just not enough info available for me to decide where I stand. In order to make a judgment call on who should pay those salaries, we need to understand where all the revenues come from and where they go. What are the revenues for UKAA? Does the University receive any revenues from sports at all, from gate receipts, facilities rental, etc.? I would like to see the detailed budgets for UKAA and also for the University. It may not answer the question directly, but it may shed some light.
September 25, 200917 yr I guess my point is while I'm not considered an athletic employee anytime that I work in their facilities they are billed for my and my employees' time. They do more than pull there own weight.
September 25, 200917 yr I guess my point is while I'm not considered an athletic employee anytime that I work in their facilities they are billed for my and my employees' time. They do more than pull there own weight.That makes sense. Assuming your W2 form at year end comes from the University, it sounds like they is paying your salary and then billing out your time to the UKAA when you work on athletic facilities. I wonder if that is the case with these other employees RP is referencing, albeit they are full-time employees. Is the University billing UKAA for their services too?
September 25, 200917 yr I don't understand why a coach who will get paid multi-millions a year can't pay it himself? What about Lee Todd, he's getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for doing very little. He was probably ashamed to accept that big bonus. I would have been if I were him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.