farawaycomet2

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both teams play twice. I don't think West can match up like some think. Russell will have zero problems moving the ball. They may have some problems slowing down West in the first two qaurters. But Russell will easily prevail in this one.

Russell 38

West 21

West imo is better than some may think this season. West is also very well coached. This game is usually a blowout but I just don't think it will be this time. I still believe that Russell will have too much though. I will pick Russell but as Lee Corso would say....."closer than the experts think".

Russell 28

West Carter 22

From all accounts, this is West Carter's best team in a long time. I look forward to this game because it has the potential to be Russell's first close game of the season. It's probably helpful to have some close games prior to the playoffs to see how they react. That being said, I think Russell will pass the test and come away with a 28-20 win.

West may the best if not close to the best team speed in the area. Russell is not a typical Russell team as far have having great speed in their skill positions as they have had in previous years. That being said West can score and score a lot just do to the speed factor. Also West Carters defense is giving up only 8.8 points per game. I realize that have not played Ashland and Ironton, but they have taken care of business with the teams they have played. Also this game is at West... advantage West Carter.

I'm telling you right now, if anyone thinks this is going to be a run away by Russell, they are going to be surprised. This may very well be the best West Carter team ever.

You're right. Russell better be prepared for this one, because West Carter will surely come out with a lot of fire since they've never beaten Russell before.

I think Russell will play well, though, as I haven't seen any signs of lackluster play from them yet this year. This seems to be a good group of players. Believe it or not, I don't think they were out hustled or out worked in their shellackings by Ironton and Ashland. Those 2 teams were just that much better!

Judging from West Carter's results so far, they aren't in the same stratosphere as Ironton or Ashland, so I look for this to be a good game with Russell coming out on top.