aptr

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think beating Ludlow really proves anything. They are pretty bad.

When Brossart has never won a district game, I think winning one proves they can at least do that. Everyone is glad to see Brossart coming along but I think most still have a show me attitude towards Brossart. Beating a district opponent that has been in the playoffs a couple of times recently would be a very nice win for Brossart.

Based on? I mean right now are the favorites to win the state title? Or course not. However as #5 said what are people basing things on when they say Ludlow just is bad this year, because I have seen it a few times. I mean they played a game against Taylor, OH that was still very much in doubt to the final minute. Taylor would be a 4A school in KY, and would beat most of the 1A teams in the state of KY. So its not really like that was a bad lost. Then Carroll Co. is 5 and 0 and that game was still in doubt to the final minute as well. That game was a play or two away from having a different outcome. So yeah Ludlow is 2 and 2 but the games they lost were to teams that were not that bad, and were better competition than any team Brossart has played so far. Ludlow could have very easily have won those games to and been 4 and 0. So yeah while Ludlow is not a favorite to win the state title, they are not a just bad team like you said.

Also honestly it does not make much sense to say that about Ludlow, because if Ludlow wins then what is that saying about Brossart?:sssh:

I based my statement on the fact that I've seen them play. I'm not saying that BB is any better than Ludlow. I know BB has played some really weak competition, but I understand that on their part. They are trying to start a program and build interest in it. I actually think Ludlow will have a close game, really it's a toss up who wins.

Brossart just released today from school due to Flu for rest of week.

No games this week.

:eek:That's a shame, so what happens with Ludlow's homecoming now I wonder? What about the district game if the playoffs end up on the line? I hope Ludlow doesn't just get a win. I wan't to see these two play it out.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Brossart High School Principal Dick Stewart announced today (Monday, September 21st) that Brossart High School would cease operations for the remainder of the week, including all athletic practices and events, as well as all school functions. School would resume next Monday, September 28th. Students attending school on Monday, September 21st were dismissed at 12Noon.

The decision came as a result of ongoing flu issues, including increased absences, and was the result of a decision made by the Northern Kentucky Health Department, in conjunction with the Diocese of Covington.

As a result the varsity football game versus Ludlow, originally scheduled for this Friday night, September 25th will be postponed.

Brossart High School Principal Dick Stewart announced today (Monday, September 21st) that Brossart High School would cease operations for the remainder of the week, including all athletic practices and events, as well as all school functions. School would resume next Monday, September 28th. Students attending school on Monday, September 21st were dismissed at 12Noon.

The decision came as a result of ongoing flu issues, including increased absences, and was the result of a decision made by the Northern Kentucky Health Department, in conjunction with the Diocese of Covington.

As a result the varsity football game versus Ludlow, originally scheduled for this Friday night, September 25th will be postponed.

Do you have a link to this info?

I based my statement on the fact that I've seen them play. I'm not saying that BB is any better than Ludlow. I know BB has played some really weak competition, but I understand that on their part. They are trying to start a program and build interest in it. I actually think Ludlow will have a close game, really it's a toss up who wins.

So basically your opinion is unless your a favorite to win the state championship in 1A, then your just a bad team? I mean that is basically what you are saying. They took Carroll who is 5 and 0 and that game went down the end, and was one or two plays away from being a different result. Then as I said Taylor is a 4A school basically in KY and would beat most 1A schools. So my question to you is what do you base it on, when you call a team just a bad team like you said. I mean are you comparing them to bigger schools like Ryles, Boone, etc. are you comparing them to teams who are favorites to win state championships? What is it that you do to make you come to the conclusion that a team is just a bad team?

Let me remind you now that there is classes for a reason. Ludlow is a 1A school, so yeah they are a small school and not going to have a bunch of future college athletes on their team. However you need to base it on how they fare in 1A, and I am sorry however there is no reason so far in this season that you can base it on for saying they are just a bad team. Your talking about a team that has a great chance to still make the playoffs, and could end up getting a playoff win just like last year. So I am sorry but a bad team as you say does not do that. Remember once again we are talking about 1A schools.

How will they make it up though? This is a shame. These schools DO NOT have the numbers to do a Friday/Saturday like Conner did last year.

So what happens then? Does this count as a forfeit for Brossart? I don't think either of the teams have byes the rest of the season. So it won't be able to be made up before the playoffs start. Unless you expect the two teams to have to play two Varsity football games in one weekend, which is not a good thing for either program.

How will they make it up though? This is a shame. These schools DO NOT have the numbers to do a Friday/Saturday like Conner did last year.

Plus its a district game, so it does mean something because it counts towards the playoffs. So I am wondering how they will do this as well. Now that I think about it, my guess is maybe both teams will end up having to cancel a game later in the year against a nondistrict opponent and then just play each other that week instead.