Mike Greenberg on MNF

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you have to sit through Chris Collinsworth, you're numb to bad announcing. You don't even know what a bad announcer is anymore, because you're just so happy it's not Chris Collinsworth.

I'd literally rather watch paint dry than to have to listen to Chris Collinsworth, and on top of how terrible he is, his voice is as annoying and as awful as that Gone Fishing movie with Joe Pesci and Danny Glover.

Add me to the list of those who like Gruden. And on a side note, even though he may be one of the nicest guys ever to coach in the NFL, Tony Dungy is horrible in the studio.

Better than Tiki Barber...:lol:

Rodney Harrison wasn't too bad, I didn't think. Tedy Bruschi was kind of annoying to me last night. But, I'm willing to give him some time since he's not been retired long.

One that surprises me is Matt Millen. I actually think he's pretty good at what they have him doing. I can't see him without thinking of how horrible he did with Detroit, but still, he does a nice job.

It was funny last night...Bruschi was going out of his way to make a point that the Patriots practice situational football all the time and that's why they executed at the end.

Millen responded (to paraphrase) with this: "I got news for you. Every team in the national football league practices situational football. The Patriots have the players (Brady, Moss, Welker) to actually do it."

I thought it was funny. And good.

Better than Tiki Barber...:lol:

Rodney Harrison wasn't too bad, I didn't think. Tedy Bruschi was kind of annoying to me last night. But, I'm willing to give him some time since he's not been retired long.

Tiki Barber should have stayed away from the media. He was a much better football player.

And Dungy did well IMO.

Tiki Barber should have stayed away from the media. He was a much better football player.

And Dungy did well IMO.

Yeah, I thought Dungy was fine. He'll get better as time passes.

It seemed like to me a lot of those guys were just itching to rip into Jay Cutler, but when they did a little bit, they'd always backtrack and talk about how he bounced back with a good drive earlier in the second half. It stands to reason that a guy like Cutler will likely get one good drive over the course of a game. He was flat out terrible Sunday night. There's no need to sugar coat it.

My favorite guys are the ones who lay their opinion out there and offer no apologies.

Yeah, I thought Dungy was fine. He'll get better as time passes.

It seemed like to me a lot of those guys were just itching to rip into Jay Cutler, but when they did a little bit, they'd always backtrack and talk about how he bounced back with a good drive earlier in the second half. It stands to reason that a guy like Cutler will likely get one good drive over the course of a game. He was flat out terrible Sunday night. There's no need to sugar coat it.

My favorite guys are the ones who lay their opinion out there and offer no apologies.

Hmmm ... sounds like ... Collinsworth! :D