Mike Greenberg on MNF

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have any problem with Greenberg's handling of PBP at all. Steve Young, on the other hand, sounds as though all those shots to the dome are taking a cumulative affect.

And as far as Collinsworth goes, I don't understand what the problem with him is? I think he's excellent at what he does, and a far cry better than what Madden brought us week-to-week over the past decade or so.

Quoted for truth. Collinsworth actually analyzes the game rather than throwing out random catchphrases, drawing turkey legs on a teleprompter, and gushing about Brett Favre in games not involving Brett Favre. It's been refreshing. Collinsworth is one of the best in the business IMO.

I always enjoyed Golic in the booth when he did college games, I quite enjoy him as well doing the pro games. I like Greenie as well, but I am huge Mike and Mike fan so I am biased.

I thought he did well.....I was a bit miffed at Steve Young acting as if both Mike & Mike didn't know what they were doing......

Later.

Yeah Steve Young just comes off as a know-it-all. I am well aware he knows his stuff, but he shows no self-humility. Golic will screw up and can laugh at himself. So will Jaws, Gruden, and Tirico. Speaking of I think Gruden is great in the booth. It's a shame he will likely be Coaching in South Bend next season. :sssh:

I too can't stand Collinsworth. However, I think Golic is very good. Greenie, not so much. He makes me like the Jets even less.

I don't mind Mike & Mike & Steve.

The best announcing crew was McGuire, Theisman & the guy before Tirico on ESPN Sunday Night football.

And, of course, Madden and Sumerall. :lol:

I like Golic. I think Steve Young is awful.

The thing I don't like about Steve Young is that he's obsessed with offense. I get it. You not only played QB, but you did for an offensive juggernaut and you're in the hall of fame.

He makes dumb statements all the time about how you can't win by playing good defense, and having a physical, ball-control offense. He absolutely refused to give Tennessee an ounce of credit last season. After their wins, all he could say was that they couldn't advance with their offense. Sure, they lost, but it was to a team that was a mirror image to them.

I actually like Steve Young quite a bit as an analyst. But, if you listen to him sometimes, you'd come away thinking the only way you can win football games is by throwing the ball a lot and scoring 30 points every week. He doesn't respect teams who play good defense and run the ball to win.