Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre block

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He dove right at the guys knees...how could have have not meant to do it? Maybe he didn't think about it and just did it...but it was still dirty.

 

Sure, he was trying to hurt the guy.:lol:

  • Author
Sure, he was trying to hurt the guy.:lol:

 

That is what I'm saying. No way it was purposefully dirty. He is a QB for God's sake. A QB isn't going to go low and try to injure someone when they are the ones generally in the line of fire.

Favre doesn't know how to block. When he went for the block it did appear he would just take his legs ago but it was how the guy cut back into him that made it look bad. A 40 year old guy is gonna try to head hunt someday he went for the sissy block and sill looked foolish.

I'm not impressed with anything he did in that play. It was dirty and it could have been a career ender. It was very stupid of the Vikings to put him out there, and it was very inconsiderate of Favre to throw a cheap block like that.

 

He dove right at the guys knees...how could have have not meant to do it? Maybe he didn't think about it and just did it...but it was still dirty.

 

Well obviously he meant to go low on the block. But if you ever watch QB's about 95 percent of the time when they actually do attempt to make a block, they all dive low. He has been playing the game a long time, so it was probably pure instinct. The difference is such the Vikings had him at receiver that play, it made for a bad angle. But if you noticed it wasn't like most of the dirty low blocks you see that lineman do by throwing their shoulder right into a guys knee. Favre basically dove and completely turned his back to on the dive. I don't think there was anything dirty about it, its instinct for QB's to go low and he didn't even go his hardest because he turned his back to the guys legs. It just happened to come at a very bad angle, so that is what made it bad. I think the blame should fall mainly on Childress for even putting him in that position and then running to his side.

Wow. Lot of animosity towards Brett. I was watching the game, think that the Vikes are retarded for having him do it. My guess is he volunteered to do it. Just the type of player he is. He plays every game the same way. Preseason or not. Love him or hate him, he leaves it all on the line. I didn't think it was dirty. I thought it was low, but frankly he could have gone lower.

 

Gonna be alot of drama in this forum this season from the resident NFC guys that already have angst towards Favre.

  • Author
Wow. Lot of animosity towards Brett. I was watching the game, think that the Vikes are retarded for having him do it. My guess is he volunteered to do it. Just the type of player he is. He plays every game the same way. Preseason or not. Love him or hate him, he leaves it all on the line. I didn't think it was dirty. I thought it was low, but frankly he could have gone lower.

 

Gonna be alot of drama in this forum this season from the resident NFC guys that already have angst towards Favre.

 

:thumb: Summed it up nicely.

The hate for Favre almost makes me laugh. Of course he went low.... do people really expect a QB to block high? They shouldn't be blocking at all but with the size of the D players they sure as heck better block low!

25 million for 2 years. Yeah, fine him, that'll teach him.:rolleyes:

...The low block was COMPLETELY unnecessary. I feel bad for the guy he blocked as he could have very easily ended the man's career in pre-season. Personally, I would love to see Brett Favre get fined for that one.

 

I will be surprised if he doesn't get fined. Would rather see him suspended.

I will be surprised if he doesn't get fined. Would rather see him suspended.

 

I'd rather see him retired. I appreciate him less and less with each pass he makes. Just go home, Brett.

Any word on the guys injury?

 

He wasn't hurt.

It wasn't intentional...I mean honestly, how many blocks has Favre thrown in his career. Probably has no idea how

It wasn't intentional...I mean honestly, how many blocks has Favre thrown in his career. Probably has no idea how

 

He looked like a hockey player turtling in a fight.

I'd rather see him retired. I appreciate him less and less with each pass he makes. Just go home, Brett.

 

:thumb: Amen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.