Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favre block

Featured Replies

Why is Eli brought into this? Trust me, if the Giants were stupid enough to line an injured 39 year old Eli out a wide receiver, and then he threw a cheap block at someone's knees...I'll be saying the same things.

 

And this has NOTHING to do with my dislike for Brett Favre. Believe it or not, I can form opinions on something without looking at WHO did it. It's a matter of WHAT happened, not who did it. If Roethlisberger did it, I'd say it was cheap and dirty. If Peyton Manning did it, I'd say it was cheap and dirty. Oh...and stupid, considering it's preseason. Which is one step up from a practice.

 

And your song is pretty similar to mine, just replace "Giants" with "Steelers".

Okay:rolleyes:
  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bret Farve's a Wide Receiver now? What is the world coming to? :idunno:

 

Kidding...cheap block he needs to retire.:isurrender:

I like Favre but you simply cannot defend that block. The kid is lucky he wasn't hurt badly on the play. It doesn't matter if Favre doesn't know how to block or if he wasn't "trying" to hurt him. There are some plays in football that EVERYONE knows you don't make and Favre made one of them.

 

He should be fined. He's lucky a Titan didn't try to take his head off.

 

 

I will be surprised if he doesn't get fined. Would rather see him suspended.

 

What if someone had thrown a similar block on Favre during an interception return? How loud do you think the folks in Bristol would be yelling? They'd be calling for a player's suspension. "For goodness sakes it's the preseason," they'd be screaming.

 

But Favre does it. Hey, he's just showing his competitive nature. What a competitor. He's gonna have a great year in Minnesota. You gotta love how he's willing to get in there and block halfway through the third quarter of a preseason game.

 

Me and my roommate were also discussing this but a simple shoulder to the chest would have worked perfectly fine, even a chip block. Percy Harvin would have had plenty of room if Favre would have even just stood there. The low block was COMPLETELY unnecessary. I feel bad for the guy he blocked as he could have very easily ended the man's career in pre-season. Personally, I would love to see Brett Favre get fined for that one.

 

I think it was dirty too. I'm not sure he meant it per say to be dirty, but he didn't want to hit him up high.

 

Why am I singled out and insulted (because I'm a Giants fan) and accused of only thinking the play was dirty because I dislike Favre? I am not alone in the belief that Favre made a dirty play.

 

And if I can't post around here without consistently being attacked due to my love for the G-Men, I might as well stop posting. This is not even a Giants thread and I still get berated, which is becoming more and more common.

Why am I singled out and insulted (because I'm a Giants fan) and accused of only thinking the play was dirty because I dislike Favre? I am not alone in the belief that Favre made a dirty play.

 

And if I can't post around here without consistently being attacked due to my love for the G-Men, I might as well stop posting. This is not even a Giants thread and I still get berated, which is becoming more and more common.

Wow. Where is the kleenex? When you're a homer some retort comes with the territory. I suppose I'll stay out of Steeler threads, I wouldn't want berated.

 

I applaud Favre for having the sack to come back. And the sack to get out on the edge and throw a block. With all the crying on here, I hope the Vikes win the NFC.

Wow. Lot of animosity towards Brett. I was watching the game, think that the Vikes are retarded for having him do it. My guess is he volunteered to do it. Just the type of player he is. He plays every game the same way. Preseason or not. Love him or hate him, he leaves it all on the line. I didn't think it was dirty. I thought it was low, but frankly he could have gone lower.

 

Gonna be alot of drama in this forum this season from the resident NFC guys that already have angst towards Favre.

 

:thumb:

  • Author

The attacks on this play and Favre in general has become comical. Give me a break, he threw a block, it wasn't pretty but no way was it intentional. If he was a player that threw blocks often I'd buy it, but come on.....

Wow. Where is the kleenex? When you're a homer some retort comes with the territory. I suppose I'll stay out of Steeler threads, I wouldn't want berated.

 

I applaud Favre for having the sack to come back. And the sack to get out on the edge and throw a block. With all the crying on here, I hope the Vikes win the NFC.

 

I'm sorry, when did this become a Giants thread?

 

My point is if I am going to be attacked in every single NFL thread for being a Giants fan, perhaps I'll stop posting on NFL topics. I'm not denying that I'm a big Giants fan...I never have. But it gets a little old when that is the only thing brought up in any NFL discussion I'm involved in.

 

And he didn't have any "sack" to throw a block. He threw a coward's version of a block at someone's knees.

I'm sorry, when did this become a Giants thread?

 

My point is if I am going to be attacked in every single NFL thread for being a Giants fan, perhaps I'll stop posting on NFL topics. I'm not denying that I'm a big Giants fan...I never have. But it gets a little old when that is the only thing brought up in any NFL discussion I'm involved in.

 

And he didn't have any "sack" to throw a block. He threw a coward's version of a block at someone's knees.

Whatever.
Go back and watch Alex Smith's block on a LB last week and ask me if I expect a QB to block high.. . . . I'll give you a hint, the answer starts with a Y.

 

I wouldn't want you running my franchise then! It's a dumb idea to have your QB lead blocking. Asking him to go block a 265lber that can run high is asking to get him drilled. Hey Brett we know you're 40 and all but could you split out at WR and crack back high on that 260lber please? Sounds like a great idea:lol:

I wouldn't want you running my franchise then! It's a dumb idea to have your QB lead blocking. Asking him to go block a 265lber that can run high is asking to get him drilled. Hey Brett we know you're 40 and all but could you split out at WR and crack back high on that 260lber please? Sounds like a great idea:lol:

 

Who said I liked the way they drew up the play :confused:? I'm just saying when the opportunity came Smith threw a block the correct way and absolutely leveled a LB. But you're right I drew up that play that Alex Smith made the block on :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.